Certification Available +Pronounce

From
Robert Cleary
Date:
two-queries,

1) Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent certification to the MySQL Core
Certification (btw drawn #8 in certcites.com hottest 05 certifications list)
http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=86,
If not, maybe this could be another target to increase pg's popularity?

2)Do you pronounce PostgreSQL as [post-grey-S-Q-L] or [post-gresq-whl]
or other

Re: Certification Available +Pronounce

From
Michael Paesold
Date:
Robert Cleary wrote:
> two-queries,
>
> 1) Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent certification to the MySQL Core
> Certification (btw drawn #8 in certcites.com hottest 05 certifications
> list)
> http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=86,
> If not, maybe this could be another target to increase pg's popularity?

There have been discussions, you should look in the archives. I think
some independent companies are offering certifications. There are no
official PostgreSQL certifications, tough. Others can probably name some
companies.

> 2)Do you pronounce PostgreSQL as [post-grey-S-Q-L] or [post-gresq-whl]
> or other

It's pronounced post-gres-Q-L. There was once an audio file on the old
homepage of postgresql. Don't know where it's gone.

Best Regards,
Michael

Re: Certification Available +Pronounce

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > 2)Do you pronounce PostgreSQL as [post-grey-S-Q-L] or
> [post-gresq-whl]
> > or other
>
> It's pronounced post-gres-Q-L. There was once an audio file
> on the old homepage of postgresql. Don't know where it's gone.

It's in the FAQ, question 1.1. Direct link is at
http://www.postgresql.org/files/postgresql.mp3

//Magnus

Re: Certification Available +Pronounce

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:49:22PM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> >2)Do you pronounce PostgreSQL as [post-grey-S-Q-L] or [post-gresq-whl]
> >or other
>
> It's pronounced post-gres-Q-L. There was once an audio file on the old
> homepage of postgresql. Don't know where it's gone.

See question #1.1 in the FAQ -- it has a link to the MP3 file:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#1.1

--
Michael Fuhr

Date: