Re: Certification Available +Pronounce - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
david@fetter.org (David Fetter) writes:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:39:30AM +0100, Robert Cleary wrote:
>> two-queries,
>>
>> 1) Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent certification to the MySQL Core
>> Certification (btw drawn #8 in certcites.com hottest 05
>> certifications list)
>> http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=86,
>> If not, maybe this could be another target to increase pg's
>> popularity?
>
> I'm not sure I understand this question.  Could you explain what
> purposes and whose interests such a certification, if it existed,
> would serve?

There's a clear set of steps...

1.  Create PostgreSQL Certification Program
2.  Collect underpants^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcertificants
4.  Profit!^H^H^H^H^H^H^HPopularity!

Sorry, I can't clarify point #3 further; I can only repeat it :-)
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/languages.html