Re: Certification Available +Pronounce - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:41:29PM -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> david@fetter.org (David Fetter) writes:

> > I'm not sure I understand this question.  Could you explain what
> > purposes and whose interests such a certification, if it existed,
> > would serve?
>
> There's a clear set of steps...
>
> 1.  Create PostgreSQL Certification Program
> 2.  Collect underpants^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcertificants
> 4.  Profit!^H^H^H^H^H^H^HPopularity!

This is unfair.  Large companies frequently require such
certification availability in order to consider a technology ready
for "Enterprise" use.  The value of that technical judgement may be
0, but the adoption-rate value of it is not.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
        --H.W. Fowler