«Postgres: The First Experience» book is intended for those who only start getting acquainted with the world of PostgreSQL. It contains some basic information about this DBMS and its main features, history of its creation and development roadmap, step-by-step installation instructions and a getting started guide.
We hope that our book will make your first experience with PostgreSQL more pleasant and help you blend into the PostgreSQL community.
Download in PDF (4 MB)
You can get a printed version of this book on some conferences held with the participation of our company.
From this book you will learn:
- What is PostgreSQL
- What’s new in PostgreSQL 12
- Installation on Linux and Windows
- Connecting to a server, writing SQL queries, and using transactions
- Learning the SQL language on a demo database
- Using PostgreSQL with your application
- Minimal server setup
- About a useful pgAdmin application
- Advanced features: full-text search, JSON format, and foreign data wrappers
- Education and certification opportunities
- Keeping up with all updates
- About the Postgres Professional company