«PostgreSQL for Beginners» book is intended for those who only start getting acquainted with the world of PostgreSQL. It contains some basic information about this DBMS and its main features, history of its creation and development roadmap, step-by-step installation instructions and a getting started guide.
From this book you will learn about:
- What is PostgreSQL
- Installation on Linux and Windows
- Connecting to a server, writing SQL queries, and using transactions
- Learning SQL on a demo database
- Full-text search capabilities
- Working with JSON data
- Using PostgreSQL with your application
- A useful pgAdmin application
- Documentation and trainings
- Keeping up with all updates
- A little bit about Postgres Professional company
Download in PDF (1,4 MB)
You can get a printed version of this book on some conferences held with the participation of our company.