Our team offers a free demo database for PostgreSQL. The subject field of this database is airline flights across various airports.
You can use this database for various purposes, such as:
- learning SQL language on your own
- preparing books, manuals, and courses on SQL
- showing Postgres Pro features in stories and articles
When developing this demo database, we pursued several goals:
- Database schema must be simple enough to be understood without extra explanations.
- At the same time, database schema must be complex enough to allow writing meaningful queries.
- The database must contain true-to-life data that will be interesting to work with.
This demo database is distributed under the PostgreSQL license.
You can send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current version (15.08.2017)
- demo-small-en.zip (21 MB) — flight data for one month (DB size is about 300 MB),
- demo-medium-en.zip (62 MB) — flight data for three months (DB size is about 700 MB),
- demo-big-en.zip (232 MB) — flight data for one year (DB size is about 2.5 GB).