Re: Certification Available +Pronounce - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Cleary
Subject Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date
Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
List pgsql-advocacy
If certifications are seen in a bad-light, I believe it's directly because people sell-out their principles, or just plain set-out to make cash.

Now, if a pgsql certification was set-up, justified and qualified by a peer-reviewed examining process - rooted - in the quality/pride
principle that seems to be pgsql, I can't see how it would damage pgsql.

This might be a mad-idea, but if you can build an open-source DBMS,  why can't you build a certification by the same process?: open-source collaboration for its inception, elaboration, construction and deployment?