Re: Certification Available +Pronounce - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Cleary wrote:
> two-queries,
>
> 1) Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent certification to the MySQL Core
> Certification (btw drawn #8 in certcites.com hottest 05 certifications
> list)
> http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=86,
> If not, maybe this could be another target to increase pg's popularity?

There have been discussions, you should look in the archives. I think
some independent companies are offering certifications. There are no
official PostgreSQL certifications, tough. Others can probably name some
companies.

> 2)Do you pronounce PostgreSQL as [post-grey-S-Q-L] or [post-gresq-whl]
> or other

It's pronounced post-gres-Q-L. There was once an audio file on the old
homepage of postgresql. Don't know where it's gone.

Best Regards,
Michael