Re: Certification Available +Pronounce - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Cleary
Subject Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date
Re: Certification Available +Pronounce  (Brian Kilpatrick <briank@sraapowergres.com>)
Re: Certification Available +Pronounce  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
David Fetter wrote:
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:39:30AM +0100, Robert Cleary wrote:
two-queries,

1) Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent certification to the MySQL Core
Certification (btw drawn #8 in certcites.com hottest 05
certifications list)
http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=86,
If not, maybe this could be another target to increase pg's
popularity?
I'm not sure I understand this question.  Could you explain what
purposes and whose interests such a certification, if it existed,
would serve?

Cheers,
Well, if those completely-new to databases - see, that outside of Microsoft Access, SQL Server, and Oracle - MySQL is the most widely downloaded _open-source_ solution (http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/marketshare/); and also, that, by learning to become proficient in this, they can also get a certification (recognised by managers etc.) - then, why not become a mysql guru.

My point being, that with the latest developments with pgsql, and the media awareness EnterpriseDB has brought by winning the SanFrancisco LinuxWorld 05 Best-Database-Solution award, people will begin to become aware of  pgsql, as a more advanced  open-source solution with  all the  readily seen  advantages thereof.
Now, if I can also get certified in that, then why not go for pgsql instead.

The more DB beginners going for pgsql the better for it's future, no?