what is up with the PG mailing lists?

Date:
I've seen enormously erratic performance from the mailing lists all day
today --- delivery time for individual messages is up to several hours,
but completely inconsistent.  Is it just me, or are other people seeing
the same?
        regards, tom lane

Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

Tom Lane wrote:
> I've seen enormously erratic performance from the mailing lists all day
> today --- delivery time for individual messages is up to several hours,
> but completely inconsistent.  Is it just me, or are other people seeing
> the same?

I see the same.  My posting to core took +2 hours to arrive and there
are only a few subscribers.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Date:

Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Ya, Bruce sent me one, and I think its the problem that I just fixed, where the
scanner was running half-throttle ... let me know if you see any of these
tomorrow, but I think we should be good now ...

Thanks ...

- --On Thursday, November 01, 2007 00:29:20 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

- ----

Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've seen enormously erratic performance from the mailing lists all day
>> today --- delivery time for individual messages is up to several hours,
>> but completely inconsistent.  Is it just me, or are other people seeing
>> the same?
>
> I see the same.  My posting to core took +2 hours to arrive and there
> are only a few subscribers.

This is all fairly normal behavior for our lists :-(

The mails are usually stuck in a queue somewhere at hub.org. Sometimes
it's the antispam queue, somtimes it's just the slow network connection
to the panama server, sometimes somewhere else - I don't think it's been
fully diagnosed since it keeps happening quite often. You can usually
get a decent pointer as to where it's stuck by looking at the
Received-headers in the message.

//Magnus

Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

Date: