Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:06:31 +0100 Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> >
> > ads@iridium:/home/ads > dig -x maia-2.hub.org.
> > dig: '.org.hub.maia-2.in-addr.arpa.' is not a legal name (empty label)
>
> -x implies a reverse/PTR lookup so you need to supply an ip-address ...

Ups, my fault, thanks.
The days ago i mostly used 'host' and got errors back.

> well this problem (200.46.204.187 having a PTR of maia-2.hub.org but
> forward resolution is not correct/missing) seems to be fixed now (and
> you log entry is now nearly a week old)

I just grepped the monthly log and copied the first message ;-)
The last of this error messages appeared yesterday evening 10pm my time.
Since then it seems to work.

Bye

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.(Ferenc Mantfeld)