Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:14:52 -0400 Andrew Sullivan wrote:

Hello all,

> Keep in mind that the mail server relies on DNS servers that are out
> there in ISP-land, and not in your-control land.

speaking of DNS, i get a lot of errors the last days:

Nov  6 20:20:41 base postfix/smtpd[15808]: warning: smtpd_peer_init: 200.46.204.187: address not listed for hostname
maia-2.hub.org

I tested from different hosts in different networks at different times and
i can't resolve 'maia-2.hub.org.' to an ip-address. So this seems to be a
constant problem.

Maybe someone can fix this?

> So, without clear outlines of _exactly_ where the problem is, which
> means logging of months of headers, putting aside only those messages
> that hung up, this is going to amount to nothing more than "you did
> x" " no I didn't lalalalala" discussion.  You want this to get
> better?  Capture your logs, and let's do some analysis.

I just posted one of the problems, let's start here and move forward.

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.(Ferenc Mantfeld)