Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Oh, and the message you sent with this info just took about over 4 hours
>>> to get here, which happens fairly often. Headers from this one:
>
>> It sat in the mod queue until I approved it earlier.
>
> Magnus, don't you get notices from the mail daemon when a post of yours
> is held for moderator approval?  I do, so I know the difference between
> "slow" and "no moderator handy" ...
>
> (I think actually that this behavior isn't default, which strikes me as
> a pretty dang poorly chosen default.)

Yeah. For my own posts it's generally not moderation. It happens with
big attachments sometimes, and then I get a notice. So in the cases that
my own mails are delayed to the lists, it's one of the other problems.
Harder to tell about somebody else.

Would be kinda handy if majordomo would put that into the headers
somewhere - e.g. "X-Released-From-Moderation: <date>" or something like
that.

//Magnus