Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 08:32:38AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We used to have monitoring on the mailqueue length on svr1, that could
> catch these things. actually, I see that we still have monitoring, but
> we've disabled notifications for it. Perhaps we should re-enable that to
> keep track ofthings properly?

This seems like an obvious thing to do, from where I sit.  It's going
to be rather hard to debug problems that one doesn't notice.

> 169 seconds is a lot more reasonable. It's still a bit of time, but I
> assume that's when it does the spamscanning? (sice it delivers to my
> machine in no more than a second after that)

I'd expect spamscanning to be a significant overhead, yes.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."        --Bruce Schneier