Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> --On Thursday, November 01, 2007 17:31:15 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> Oh, and the headers I sent were because the email was stuck in the
>>> moderation queue.
>> Yeah --- one of the worst problems in diagnosing this is that there's
>> no way for anyone except the moderator to know if a delay was simply
>> waiting-for-moderation or if it indicates an actual system problem.
>
>> What are the chances of getting something into the headers to indicate
>> whether a message was delayed by moderation?
>
> I've asked on the mj2 list about this when someone mentioned it earlier in the
> thread, and am just awaiting confirmation, but the initial answer seemed to
> indicate that someone would have to do some perl programming for this, as it
> isn't a pre-defined variable that we can access  ...
>
> As I said, I'm waiting to hear back, but if my assessment is right, anyone
> interested in writing some perl code?  Have both a 'X-Approved-Date:' and an
> 'X-Approved-Delay:' header would be cool ...

Do we have any pointers as to where the code goes? I don't know how to
find our way around the code, but if we can get a pointer to where it
needs to go, someone can perhaps do something about it. But it's
probably as much work for the mj2 folks to tell us where to put it as it
would be for them to put it there themselves :-)

//Magnus