Consultants/support company list

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
As a good project to figure out how the system works that backs
www.postgresql.org, I've taken upon myself to fix what's needed to
migrate the list of consultants / support companies to the new web
framework.

I've got it more or less done. The data is now backed by the database
instead of just a plaintext file, for easier updating. The updating is
done through /admin/.

A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
copied over from the old one, can be seen at
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional. Please don't use
that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal address ;-)
You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.

If the list grows really large, it should probaly be split into
different pages. But we'll get there later :-)

I have the edit pages done as well, but no good place to put them up for
show. But the form is basically the same.

My two questions:
1) Does this look good enough? Anything needs changing?

2) What should we do about the old onesv (currently on techdocs at
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/admin/consultants.php). Our options are
to either copy them all over, or to just ask the people to re-submit
them. I'm not sure how up-to-date that list is. If it's not up-to-date,
or there is at least a serious risk that it's not, it might be better to
start from a clean sheet (we can of course send a mail to those
companies that list their contact addresses).

I intend to add functionality to the system to request confirmation that
registrations on the system are still current, so we won't be in a
situation where we're unsure about (2) next time..

Thoughts?

//Magnus

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 19:41, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> As a good project to figure out how the system works that backs
> www.postgresql.org, I've taken upon myself to fix what's needed to
> migrate the list of consultants / support companies to the new web
> framework.
>
> I've got it more or less done. The data is now backed by the database
> instead of just a plaintext file, for easier updating. The updating is
> done through /admin/.
>
> A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
> copied over from the old one, can be seen at
> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional. Please don't use
> that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal address ;-)
> You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.
>
> If the list grows really large, it should probaly be split into
> different pages. But we'll get there later :-)
>
> I have the edit pages done as well, but no good place to put them up for
> show. But the form is basically the same.
>

> My two questions:
> 1) Does this look good enough? Anything needs changing?

The company descriptions are too tall... several regions will have
dozens of companies, how far down will people have to scroll?  I think
you better plan for large lists now rather than think you can add it
later.

Grey text on grey background is not good... is it winter time in Sweden
right now? ;-)

Look at the listing for agliodbs... their url is busted, we will need to
make sure we have some data scrubbing going on.

One thing I was hoping to include in the entries was a #href so that
companies could put up links directly to their entry if they wanted.

Another thing that would be nice is to allow companies to self update
these entries... perhaps some password hash code be sent to allow them
to edit an entry if they provided the proper hash ?

> 2) What should we do about the old onesv (currently on techdocs at
> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/admin/consultants.php). Our options are
> to either copy them all over, or to just ask the people to re-submit
> them. I'm not sure how up-to-date that list is. If it's not up-to-date,
> or there is at least a serious risk that it's not, it might be better to
> start from a clean sheet (we can of course send a mail to those
> companies that list their contact addresses).

I think this is fine... we could get maybe a 1/2 dozen companies to
populate it at first... test it out, and then send email to the rest
where possible.  I can put a redirect on techdocs to point to the new
page, and provide disclaimer about things being up to date.

> I intend to add functionality to the system to request confirmation that
> registrations on the system are still current, so we won't be in a
> situation where we're unsure about (2) next time..

I'm assuming that this will send an email to the slaves so someone can
review and apply changes?

Otherwise a very nice start!

Robert Treat

Date:
>> A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
>> copied over from the old one, can be seen at
>> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional.
>Please don't use
>> that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal
>address ;-)
>> You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.
>>
>> If the list grows really large, it should probaly be split into
>> different pages. But we'll get there later :-)
>>
>> I have the edit pages done as well, but no good place to put
>them up for
>> show. But the form is basically the same.
>>

>> My two questions:
>> 1) Does this look good enough? Anything needs changing?
>>

>The company descriptions are too tall... several regions will have
>dozens of companies, how far down will people have to scroll?  I think
>you better plan for large lists now rather than think you can add it
>later.

Got any ideas on how? Make each company get their own page? That'll lead
to a whole lot of clicking. Or do you think it'll be enough to give each
region it's own page?

>Grey text on grey background is not good... is it winter time in Sweden
>right now? ;-)

Hey, I didn't make the theme. It's the standard for the website tables.
It's the same in the menus for example. It's really all over the site.

But yes, it's winter :-) Though they say we should get spring-weather
starting next week, and it's starting to get a bit warmer already.

>Look at the listing for agliodbs... their url is busted, we
>will need to make sure we have some data scrubbing going on.

Yeah, what's there now is just an example and ntohing more than a very
quick cut/paste. All my fault :)
The form probably needs a validator there, yes.

>One thing I was hoping to include in the entries was a #href so that
>companies could put up links directly to their entry if they wanted.

That shouldn't be hard.

>Another thing that would be nice is to allow companies to self update
>these entries... perhaps some password hash code be sent to allow them
>to edit an entry if they provided the proper hash ?

That's also something I was planning to do - sometime in the future. I
figured we'd start with about what we have now and go from there.
One thing I was thinking there was perhaps we shuold have a "site wide
account", to modify other things as well (post news, etc). Might as well
star thinking in that direction so we don't end up with ppl needing
several different passwords.
Which is why I thought we'd do that a bit later :)

>> 2) What should we do about the old onesv (currently on techdocs at
>> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/admin/consultants.php). Our
>options are
>> to either copy them all over, or to just ask the people to re-submit
>> them. I'm not sure how up-to-date that list is. If it's not
>up-to-date,
>> or there is at least a serious risk that it's not, it might
>be better to
>> start from a clean sheet (we can of course send a mail to those
>> companies that list their contact addresses).
>>

>I think this is fine... we could get maybe a 1/2 dozen companies to
>populate it at first... test it out, and then send email to the rest
>where possible.  I can put a redirect on techdocs to point to the new
>page, and provide disclaimer about things being up to date.

Which is fine? Keep the list we have now, or start from clean?

BTW, as of a couple of hours ago, the same system (more or less) also
handles the listings of hosting companies. Same question applies there.

>> I intend to add functionality to the system to request
>confirmation that
>> registrations on the system are still current, so we won't be in a
>> situation where we're unsure about (2) next time..
>>

>I'm assuming that this will send an email to the slaves so someone can
>review and apply changes?

New registrations and modifications go to slaves, yes. And if/when we do
the "edit your own", we'd still add approval by the slaves.

As for the confirmation system I was talking about I mean have the
system send the representative of the company a mail every <n> months
with a link in it. If they don't click the link, we remove the entry
automatically (or at least hide it). If they do, it's valid for another
two months. That could easilyi be done completely without any manual
work from the slaves.

>Otherwise a very nice start!

Thanks!
I certainly learned a bit more abuot the templating and forms ;-)

Date:
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 17:37, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
> >> copied over from the old one, can be seen at
> >> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional.
> >Please don't use
> >> that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal
> >address ;-)
> >> You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.
> >>
> >> If the list grows really large, it should probaly be split into
> >> different pages. But we'll get there later :-)
> >>
> >> I have the edit pages done as well, but no good place to put
> >them up for
> >> show. But the form is basically the same.
> >>

> >> My two questions:
> >> 1) Does this look good enough? Anything needs changing?
> >>

> >The company descriptions are too tall... several regions will have
> >dozens of companies, how far down will people have to scroll?  I think
> >you better plan for large lists now rather than think you can add it
> >later.
>
> Got any ideas on how? Make each company get their own page? That'll lead
> to a whole lot of clicking. Or do you think it'll be enough to give each
> region it's own page?

Can we cut down on cellspacing and cellpadding at all?

> >> 2) What should we do about the old onesv (currently on techdocs at
> >> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/admin/consultants.php). Our
> >options are
> >> to either copy them all over, or to just ask the people to re-submit
> >> them. I'm not sure how up-to-date that list is. If it's not
> >up-to-date,
> >> or there is at least a serious risk that it's not, it might
> >be better to
> >> start from a clean sheet (we can of course send a mail to those
> >> companies that list their contact addresses).
> >>

> >I think this is fine... we could get maybe a 1/2 dozen companies to
> >populate it at first... test it out, and then send email to the rest
> >where possible.  I can put a redirect on techdocs to point to the new
> >page, and provide disclaimer about things being up to date.
>
> Which is fine? Keep the list we have now, or start from clean?

Start clean... I'll import a few from the old list and the pending
requests (got 3 or 4) so we can play a little bit with it once it's all
committed in and running live... after that I can go through and email
anyone on the old list to reenter their info.

> BTW, as of a couple of hours ago, the same system (more or less) also
> handles the listings of hosting companies. Same question applies there.

Yep... same answers apply too ;-)

> >Otherwise a very nice start!
>
> Thanks!
> I certainly learned a bit more abuot the templating and forms ;-)

Scary isn't it?

Robert Treat

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Magnus,

> >> A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
> >> copied over from the old one, can be seen at
> >> http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional.
> >
> >Please don't use
> >
> >> that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal
> >
> >address ;-)
> >
> >> You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.

Hmmm ... can I assume that in the final version CMD will not be listed in 7
regions of the world?    Having "regions" at all doesn't make much sense if
we're going to do that.

For breaking up the page, I'd suggest dividing it up by "region".

--Josh

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Date:
On Thursday 17 March 2005 18:36, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,

> > >Please don't use

> > >address ;-)

> Hmmm ... can I assume that in the final version CMD will not be listed in 7
> regions of the world?
> Having "regions" at all doesn't make much sense if
> we're going to do that.

Assuming they do world wide support I think that would be the scheme...
otherwise you would be saying that any given company could only offer support
in one region.

> For breaking up the page, I'd suggest dividing it up by "region".

Well... maybe rather than having it broken up by regions within a page (using
#africa and such) we could just make 6 pages... 1 for each region and 1 for
all combined.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 15:36 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,

> > >Please don't use

> > >address ;-)

> Hmmm ... can I assume that in the final version CMD will not be listed in 7
> regions of the world?    Having "regions" at all doesn't make much sense if
> we're going to do that.

I thought our name was a little "all over the place ;)". It seems to me
to make the most sense to have a break out listing.

You should have the 7 regions.
Let the viewer choose the region they are looking for.
Let the companies be displayed when they click on a region.

Simple enough to reference a valid region for a company from PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> Assuming they do world wide support I think that would be the scheme...
> otherwise you would be saying that any given company could only offer
> support in one region.

In that case, let's not bother with "regions".    Because everybody is going
to say they have "worldwide support".   Heck, I have clients in Europe,
Australia and India.

> Well... maybe rather than having it broken up by regions within a page
> (using #africa and such) we could just make 6 pages... 1 for each region
> and 1 for all combined.

That was my idea, but it's not going to work if we're not just listing office
locations.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Why do I need to see Africa every time I visit this page ?
If there is no company ranking ( I assume we have no such ), I'd better
show information about this service and how to register.

     Oleg

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 15:36 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Magnus,

>> Hmmm ... can I assume that in the final version CMD will not be listed in 7
>> regions of the world?    Having "regions" at all doesn't make much sense if
>> we're going to do that.
>
> I thought our name was a little "all over the place ;)". It seems to me
> to make the most sense to have a break out listing.
>
> You should have the 7 regions.
> Let the viewer choose the region they are looking for.
> Let the companies be displayed when they click on a region.
>
> Simple enough to reference a valid region for a company from PostgreSQL.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>> For breaking up the page, I'd suggest dividing it up by "region".
>>
>> --Josh

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Date:
> > Assuming they do world wide support I think that would be
> the scheme...
> > otherwise you would be saying that any given company could
> only offer
> > support in one region.
>
> In that case, let's not bother with "regions".    Because
> everybody is going
> to say they have "worldwide support".   Heck, I have clients
> in Europe,
> Australia and India.
>
> > Well... maybe rather than having it broken up by regions
> within a page
> > (using #africa and such) we could just make 6 pages... 1 for each
> > region and 1 for all combined.
>
> That was my idea, but it's not going to work if we're not
> just listing office locations.

Another way of donig this would be to contol the "regions" part based
just on where the company has offices, and then have them list
"worldwide support available" in the description boxes.
Yet another is to add a regino "global" that's for those that provide
global support. (There are a lot of companies that don't do that, aren't
there). Then companies like cmd would be listed in "global" and "north
america".

Doing this will also make the page significantly smaller, so it may not
be a bad thing. We might not need to split it up into multiple pages yet
;-) [it's gonig to look pertty silly with lots of "subpages" that have
just one entry each]

I just tried to grab stuff of techdocs, and that was actually one thing
I wasn't so sure about ;)

Oleg wrote:
> Why do I need to see Africa every time I visit this page ?
> If there is no company ranking ( I assume we have no such ), I'd
better show information about this service and how to
> register.

Good point, I'll look into filtering it out when there are no entries
and just look there.
But right now it's listed the way it is because there is one company
(cmd) registered for Africa...

Date:
On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 03:46, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > Assuming they do world wide support I think that would be
> > the scheme...
> > > otherwise you would be saying that any given company could
> > only offer
> > > support in one region.
> >
> > In that case, let's not bother with "regions".    Because
> > everybody is going
> > to say they have "worldwide support".   Heck, I have clients
> > in Europe,
> > Australia and India.

FWIW the current listing on the techdocs page breaks down something like
13 - 20  worldwide vs specific regions.

> > > Well... maybe rather than having it broken up by regions
> > within a page
> > > (using #africa and such) we could just make 6 pages... 1 for each
> > > region and 1 for all combined.
> >
> > That was my idea, but it's not going to work if we're not
> > just listing office locations.
>
> Another way of donig this would be to contol the "regions" part based
> just on where the company has offices, and then have them list
> "worldwide support available" in the description boxes.
> Yet another is to add a regino "global" that's for those that provide
> global support. (There are a lot of companies that don't do that, aren't
> there). Then companies like cmd would be listed in "global" and "north
> america".
>
> Doing this will also make the page significantly smaller, so it may not
> be a bad thing. We might not need to split it up into multiple pages yet
> ;-) [it's gonig to look pertty silly with lots of "subpages" that have
> just one entry each]
>
> I just tried to grab stuff of techdocs, and that was actually one thing
> I wasn't so sure about ;)
>
> Oleg wrote:
> > Why do I need to see Africa every time I visit this page ?
> > If there is no company ranking ( I assume we have no such ), I'd
> better show information about this service and how to
> > register.
>
> Good point, I'll look into filtering it out when there are no entries
> and just look there.
> But right now it's listed the way it is because there is one company
> (cmd) registered for Africa...

Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
globally) for a given region.

Robert Treat

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert, Magnus,

> Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
> alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
> that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
> globally) for a given region.

Well, I have two suggestions:
1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
"Region".

2) Divvy it up by language instead.

I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one page, because:
    a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the list of companies grows,
and
    b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive and in favor of
AglioDBS and CMD.

Also, when I get requests for support off the web site, they tend to be for
    a) a particular language, or
    b) a particular area/country

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Date:
On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:07 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert, Magnus,
>
> > Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
> > alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
> > that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
> > globally) for a given region.
>
> Well, I have two suggestions:
> 1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
> "Region".

Oh that is a good idea.

> 2) Divvy it up by language instead.
>
> I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one page, because:
>     a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the list of companies grows,
> and
>     b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive and in favor of
> AglioDBS and CMD.

But what is the other solution? On any level somebody is going to be
discriminated against. Alphabetical is logical, people understand it.

Although it would take more work you may want to look at the Consultants
listing for Linuxports.com (an old site of ours). On the left hand side
there is a consultants box.

The whole thing is databased and consultants are able to update their
own listings and even submit various levels of expertise.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting
Open Source Authors: plPHP, pgManage, Co-Authors: plPerlNG
Reliable replication, Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:07 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Robert, Magnus,
>>
>>> Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
>>> alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
>>> that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
>>> globally) for a given region.
>>
>> Well, I have two suggestions:
>> 1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
>> "Region".
>
> Oh that is a good idea.

But, what criteria are involved in being listed 'Worldwide'?  I know you
and I have worldwide clients, but in this day and age, that really doesn't
*take* much ...

----

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
"Joshua D. Drake"

> > Oh that is a good idea.
>
> But, what criteria are involved in being listed 'Worldwide'?  I know you
> and I have worldwide clients, but in this day and age, that really doesn't
> *take* much ...

Well that is a good point as well. For example, our only requirement is
that you are english speaking. Although we will be adding Spanish to
that list shortly.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting
Open Source Authors: plPHP, pgManage, Co-Authors: plPerlNG
Reliable replication, Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Marc,

> But, what criteria are involved in being listed 'Worldwide'?  I know you
> and I have worldwide clients, but in this day and age, that really doesn't
> *take* much ...

Yes, so?    So everyone who wants it willl be listed as "worldwide".  If it's
a seperate page, who cares?

--Josh

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Date:
>> Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
>> alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with
>"filter" links
>> that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
>> globally) for a given region.
>
>Well, I have two suggestions:
>1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide
>Support" is its own
>"Region".

I've updated it now without this, instead just using regions to group
where the offices are. Lets start like that and see what things look
like once there is a bunch of data in there. If we need to, we can add
the separate region then.

Also, it no longer lists the regions, as this can be read in the
"Location" field, which makes the list take up less space.

>2) Divvy it up by language instead.

Not sure how that helps. I think it's better to group it on the regions
that the company has offices in.

>I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one
>page, because:
>    a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the
>list of companies grows,
>and

Right, which is why we're grouping by region ATM.
While they are all on the same page now, that can easily be split up
once we have more data, if necessary (there are already bookmarks onthe
page so you can jump to your own region fast)

>    b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive
>and in favor of AglioDBS and CMD.

No matter how it's ordered, it will discriminate against someone. Unless
you want to do random order that changes every time the mirrors update?
I think something predictable is better, and nobody can really argue
that alphabetically isn't a standard way to rder things :-)

//Magnus

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert, Magnus,

> >    b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive
> >and in favor of AglioDBS and CMD.
>
> No matter how it's ordered, it will discriminate against someone. Unless
> you want to do random order that changes every time the mirrors update?
> I think something predictable is better, and nobody can really argue
> that alphabetically isn't a standard way to rder things :-)

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have *any* order.   The problem with alpha
order is only in the "one-big-list" variety where one needs to scroll down
through 12 screens of listings before one even reaches SRA.    If we divide
it up by region, then the scrolling problem is fixed.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Magnus,

Is this ready for use?   I've already received one addition via e-mail ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
More or less. You can start adding stuff in the admin interface (wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/), and you can preview
iton wwwmaster.postgresql.org/support/professional.support. It's not referenced anywhere yet, so it's not on the static
mirrors.Don't want to do that until we have some more data - need to migrate stuff over from the old list plus whatever
newstuff is in the pipeline.

//Magnus

Date:
On Sunday 20 March 2005 15:31, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> Is this ready for use?   I've already received one addition via e-mail ...

Incidentally, is there a reason we're funnelling these through you? I was
going to add the ones in the webmaster@postgresql.org queue but if you want
to do it I can step aside...

--
Robert Treat

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> Incidentally, is there a reason we're funnelling these through you? I was
> going to add the ones in the webmaster@postgresql.org queue but if you want
> to do it I can step aside...

Nope,  I just put it in as a news item for PostgreSQL Weekly News, and didn't
want to volunteer your e-mail address or your labor.   If you want to do it,
I'm more than delighted to just forward stuff to you.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Date:
On Sunday 20 March 2005 15:54, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > Incidentally, is there a reason we're funnelling these through you? I was
> > going to add the ones in the webmaster@postgresql.org queue but if you
> > want to do it I can step aside...
>
> Nope,  I just put it in as a news item for PostgreSQL Weekly News, and
> didn't want to volunteer your e-mail address or your labor.   If you want
> to do it, I'm more than delighted to just forward stuff to you.

I try to channel these things through webmaster@ or pgsql-www@ where anyone
can do it.  (Where "anyone" tends to be me ;-)

--
Robert Treat

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> More or less. You can start adding stuff in the admin interface
> (wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/), and you can preview it on
> wwwmaster.postgresql.org/support/professional.support.

I notice that while there is a form to submit a new entry, there is no
indicated method to update one's listing.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
"Dave Page"

Seems to work though - you get the consultants, I get the mirrors. Fun
for everyone!

/D

Re: Consultants/support company list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> I try to channel these things through webmaster@ or pgsql-www@ where anyone
> can do it.  (Where "anyone" tends to be me ;-)

Well, here it is then:

NonSoLoSoft (http://www.nonsolosoft.com/)

DragonFlyBSD, FreeBSD, Linux, MacOS X and some other UNIX and Free Software
platforms in many language: Perl, C, C++, Java and more.
We can help your company to design your database and empower your applications
using triggers, stored procedures and other PostgreSQL features.

NonSoLoSoft (Italy)
Number of DBAdmin: 3
Office location: Torino (Turin), Italia
World Regions Covered: Italy
Hours of Support: 24x7 Email Support, 7am-18pm CET Live Support
Languages Supported: Italiano

Contact Details: Ferruccio Zamuner email: nonsolosoft@diff.org