Re: Consultants/support company list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Consultants/support company list
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:07 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert, Magnus,
>
> > Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
> > alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
> > that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
> > globally) for a given region.
>
> Well, I have two suggestions:
> 1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
> "Region".

Oh that is a good idea.

> 2) Divvy it up by language instead.
>
> I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one page, because:
>     a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the list of companies grows,
> and
>     b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive and in favor of
> AglioDBS and CMD.

But what is the other solution? On any level somebody is going to be
discriminated against. Alphabetical is logical, people understand it.

Although it would take more work you may want to look at the Consultants
listing for Linuxports.com (an old site of ours). On the left hand side
there is a consultants box.

The whole thing is databased and consultants are able to update their
own listings and even submit various levels of expertise.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting