Re: Consultants/support company list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Consultants/support company list
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert, Magnus,

> Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
> alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
> that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
> globally) for a given region.

Well, I have two suggestions:
1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
"Region".

2) Divvy it up by language instead.

I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one page, because:
    a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the list of companies grows,
and
    b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive and in favor of
AglioDBS and CMD.

Also, when I get requests for support off the web site, they tend to be for
    a) a particular language, or
    b) a particular area/country

--
Josh Berkus