Re: Consultants/support company list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Consultants/support company list
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert, Magnus,

> >    b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive
> >and in favor of AglioDBS and CMD.
>
> No matter how it's ordered, it will discriminate against someone. Unless
> you want to do random order that changes every time the mirrors update?
> I think something predictable is better, and nobody can really argue
> that alphabetically isn't a standard way to rder things :-)

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have *any* order.   The problem with alpha
order is only in the "one-big-list" variety where one needs to scroll down
through 12 screens of listings before one even reaches SRA.    If we divide
it up by region, then the scrolling problem is fixed.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions