Was my question inappropriate for postgres?

From
Taka Taka
Date:
Hello.

I posted question bellow.

Hello.
I would like to know if psqlodbc_13_02 is compatible with M365.
Also, could you please tell me which of the psqlodbc_13_02 would be
suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?

Was my question inappropriate?
I wanted to know if the pdbc driver above would be compatible to Microsoft's M365.
Also, I find variety in the odbc driver.
Is it possible to know which of the driver is suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?
Or could you please tell me where to inquire?

Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 7/24/22 16:56, Taka Taka wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I posted question bellow.
>
> Hello.
> I would like to know if psqlodbc_13_02 is compatible with M365.
> Also, could you please tell me which of the psqlodbc_13_02 would be
> suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?
>
> Was my question inappropriate?

It was appropriate. It is just that Windows users are not all that
common on this list, especially that subset that are using ODBC.

You might have better luck subscribing to and asking question on the
Postgres ODBC list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-odbc/

> I wanted to know if the pdbc driver above would be compatible to
> Microsoft's M365.
> Also, I find variety in the odbc driver.
> Is it possible to know which of the driver is suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?

I would say from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

psqlodbc_13_02_0000-x64.zip psqlodbc_13_02_0000-x64.zip

Try it and see, if you don't want to wait for response from this list or
the ODBC list.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?

From
Gavin Flower
Date:
On 25/07/22 11:56, Taka Taka wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I posted question bellow.
>
> Hello.
> I would like to know if psqlodbc_13_02 is compatible with M365.
> Also, could you please tell me which of the psqlodbc_13_02 would be
> suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?
> Was my question inappropriate?
> I wanted to know if the pdbc driver above would be compatible to
> Microsoft's M365.
> Also, I find variety in the odbc driver.
> Is it possible to know which of the driver is suitable to Windows 10
> 64-bit?
> Or could you please tell me where to inquire?

Hi,

Please do not top post, bottom post like me.

I suspect that most people do not know what 'M365' is, would be good to
explain.  Am curious as to what 'M365' is!

Can't help with Microsoft stuff, as I mainly use Linux, though I've been
forced to use Microsoft O/S's in the past (last time was in a VM on
Linux a few years back).

If you are using Postgres for really large data volumes, and/or require
high performance, you might be better to upgrade to Linux --- it really
depends on your own specific situation.  Note that most servers run Linux!

Cheers,
Gavin

Date:
On 7/24/22 17:15, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 25/07/22 11:56, Taka Taka wrote:
>> Hello.

> I suspect that most people do not know what 'M365' is, would be good to
> explain.  Am curious as to what 'M365' is!

New branding and pricing(subscription) of MS Office.

Microsoft 365
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?

From
Mladen Gogala
Date: