Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/24/22 17:27, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On 7/24/22 19:56, Taka Taka wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I posted question bellow.
>

> And? No takers? I wonder why. Maybe the question is unclear? This is
> really surprising :)

The question was straight forward and clear.

>> Hello.
>> I would like to know if psqlodbc_13_02 is compatible with M365.
>> Also, could you please tell me which of the psqlodbc_13_02 would be
>> suitable to Windows 10 64-bit?
>
> What is M365? Is it a part of Microsoft Office 365, aka "O365"? Is it
> related to M-16? What di you mean by "driver suitable for Windows 10"?
> If the driver can be installed and configured by the MS ODBC driver
> administrator, then I guess it's suitable. Make sure the driver you use
> is mauve, they take the least RAM

The ODBC lacks the version matrix the JDBC site:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

has so I think is appropriate to verify version compatibility. Though as
I mentioned it probably a low work task to just try it.

>> Was my question inappropriate?
>> I wanted to know if the pdbc driver above would be compatible to
>> Microsoft's M365.
> What part of Office 365 do you want the compatibility with? Excel?

Other parts of Office also use database connectivity such   as Access or
Word.

>> Also, I find variety in the odbc driver.
>
> I don't. ODBC drivers implement the same protocol when communicating
> with the database and they all work the same. Here is what I have:

Hmm, I wonder why they have versions then?

As to below, really?  If you don't want to answer the question then don't.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com