Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Why is the web TODO list in ASCII?

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

It should be pulling from my home directory with ~momjian/TODO.html.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Because all the FAQs are pulled from the main CVS (we don't pull in anything automatically that isn't in CVS) - and the
onlyversion there is plain text

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/

Regards, Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-www-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Bruce Momjian
Sent: Sun 4/10/2005 5:24 AM
To: PostgreSQL www
Subject: [pgsql-www] Problem with web TODO list

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Dave Page wrote:
> Because all the FAQs are pulled from the main CVS (we don't pull in anything automatically that isn't in CVS) - and
theonly version there is plain text

> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/

OK, so you want the HTML in CVS?  I can do that.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
>> Because all the FAQs are pulled from the main CVS (we don't
>pull in anything automatically that isn't in CVS) - and the
>only version there is plain text
>>
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/
>
>OK, so you want the HTML in CVS?  I can do that.

Yup, if it's going to go on the site in HTML format at least ;-). If you
put it where the other HTML format FAQs are (doc/src/FAQ/), it will
automatically be picked up on the site after the next cvs pull (once /
hour from the anoncvs mirror).

Please make sure you make the same kind of cleanups done to the other
HTML files (missing tags and invalid attributes) before you put it in
:-)

//Magnus

Date:
>> >pull in anything automatically that isn't in CVS) - and the
>> >only version there is plain text

>> >OK, so you want the HTML in CVS?  I can do that.
>>
>> Yup, if it's going to go on the site in HTML format at least
>;-). If you
>> put it where the other HTML format FAQs are (doc/src/FAQ/), it will
>> automatically be picked up on the site after the next cvs
>pull (once /
>> hour from the anoncvs mirror).
>>
>> Please make sure you make the same kind of cleanups done to the other
>> HTML files (missing tags and invalid attributes) before you put it in
>> :-)
>
>In this case the HTML is derived from the text file, which is the
>reverse of the FAQs.

Yes, that is because it's not present in CVS in HTML format. The site
code first searches the HTML versions and if it's not found there, it
searches the plaintext versions.

But it will bring anything it finds in the HTML version, so the source
that goes into cvs needs to be clean.

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> HTML files (missing tags and invalid attributes) before you put it in
> >> :-)
> >
> >In this case the HTML is derived from the text file, which is the
> >reverse of the FAQs.
>
> Yes, that is because it's not present in CVS in HTML format. The site
> code first searches the HTML versions and if it's not found there, it
> searches the plaintext versions.
>
> But it will bring anything it finds in the HTML version, so the source
> that goes into cvs needs to be clean.

Please look on my current HTML TODO version:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/TODO.html

Because it is generated from text, I can't clean it up.  What are our
options?

Date:
>you put it in
>> >
>> >In this case the HTML is derived from the text file, which is the
>> >reverse of the FAQs.
>>
>> Yes, that is because it's not present in CVS in HTML format. The site
>> code first searches the HTML versions and if it's not found there, it
>> searches the plaintext versions.
>>
>> But it will bring anything it finds in the HTML version, so
>the source
>> that goes into cvs needs to be clean.
>
>Please look on my current HTML TODO version:
>
>    http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/TODO.html
>
>Because it is generated from text, I can't clean it up.  What are our
>options?

Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
properly. What do you use to generate it from text?

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Because all the FAQs are pulled from the main CVS (we don't
> >pull in anything automatically that isn't in CVS) - and the
> >only version there is plain text
> >>
> >> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/
> >
> >OK, so you want the HTML in CVS?  I can do that.
>
> Yup, if it's going to go on the site in HTML format at least ;-). If you
> put it where the other HTML format FAQs are (doc/src/FAQ/), it will
> automatically be picked up on the site after the next cvs pull (once /
> hour from the anoncvs mirror).
>
> Please make sure you make the same kind of cleanups done to the other
> HTML files (missing tags and invalid attributes) before you put it in
> :-)

In this case the HTML is derived from the text file, which is the
reverse of the FAQs.

I will put what I have into CVS in the doc/src/FAQ directory.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >you put it in

> >> Yes, that is because it's not present in CVS in HTML format. The site
> >> code first searches the HTML versions and if it's not found there, it
> >> searches the plaintext versions.
> >>
> >> But it will bring anything it finds in the HTML version, so
> >the source
> >> that goes into cvs needs to be clean.
> >
> >Please look on my current HTML TODO version:
> >
> >    http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/TODO.html
> >
> >Because it is generated from text, I can't clean it up.  What are our
> >options?
>
> Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
> properly. What do you use to generate it from text?

I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.

I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that and
regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
Thanks.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
>
> I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that and
> regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
> Thanks.

Are we trying to fix this so it will be able to be pasted into the main
website?

If so, I have some tweaks to txt2html I did for PWN.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
> >
> > I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility. ?I added that and
> > regenerated the HTML at the above URL. ?WOuld you check it again?
> > Thanks.
>
> Are we trying to fix this so it will be able to be pasted into the main
> website?

Yes.

> If so, I have some tweaks to txt2html I did for PWN.

Oh, what were they?

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> Yes.
>
> > If so, I have some tweaks to txt2html I did for PWN.
>
> Oh, what were they?

A bunch of switches and a shell script to fix some formatting problems which
txt2html doesn't do.  If you can link me the text version, I'll prepare a
package for you that takes care of it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Yes.
> >
> > > If so, I have some tweaks to txt2html I did for PWN.
> >
> > Oh, what were they?
>
> A bunch of switches and a shell script to fix some formatting problems which
> txt2html doesn't do.  If you can link me the text version, I'll prepare a
> package for you that takes care of it.

The text version is already in CVS.

Date:
> > >you put it in

> which is the

> > >the source
> > >
> > >Please look on my current HTML TODO version:
> > >
> > >    http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/TODO.html
> > >
> > >Because it is generated from text, I can't clean it up.
> What are our
> > >options?
> >
> > Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
> > properly. What do you use to generate it from text?
>
> I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
>
> I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that
> and regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?

In general that should work much better. but that page has *two* <body>
tags! One within the <head> section. Either you missed a cut/paste
somewhere, or that package is *very* broken.

And it's not valid XHTML, which really should happen with --xhtml, no?
Even if I fix that, I get some invalid uses of <LI> in the output.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.postgresql.org%
2F%7Emomjian%2FTODO.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28d
etect+automatically%29

(it really should validate as XHTML strict, but it doesn't even manage
XHTML Transitional)

//Magnus

Date:
> > I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
> >
> > I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that and
> > regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
> > Thanks.
>
> Are we trying to fix this so it will be able to be pasted
> into the main
> website?
>
> If so, I have some tweaks to txt2html I did for PWN.

Not sure they all apply. The PWN stuff has to render natively, whereas the FAQs are post-processed by the site code
(becausethey have to work both inside the siet as a wrapper and as standalone HTML documents)

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Magnus,

> Not sure they all apply. The PWN stuff has to render natively, whereas the
> FAQs are post-processed by the site code (because they have to work both
> inside the siet as a wrapper and as standalone HTML documents)

I thought we were talking about the TODO list, not the FAQs?

And let me pitch Bruce again to database the TODO list ....

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Date:
> > Not sure they all apply. The PWN stuff has to render
> natively, whereas
> > the FAQs are post-processed by the site code (because they have to
> > work both inside the siet as a wrapper and as standalone HTML
> > documents)
>
> I thought we were talking about the TODO list, not the FAQs?

We are. But the TODO list is in the FAQ directory, and is handled just
like the FAQs.

> And let me pitch Bruce again to database the TODO list ....

Um. Let me second that ;-) But I've also tried before :-)

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > Not sure they all apply. The PWN stuff has to render
> > natively, whereas
> > > the FAQs are post-processed by the site code (because they have to
> > > work both inside the siet as a wrapper and as standalone HTML
> > > documents)
> >
> > I thought we were talking about the TODO list, not the FAQs?
>
> We are. But the TODO list is in the FAQ directory, and is handled just
> like the FAQs.
>

> > And let me pitch Bruce again to database the TODO list ....
>
> Um. Let me second that ;-) But I've also tried before :-)

Go ahead.  I find a database is more work but if someone else wants to
try it, they are welcome.  I will continue maintaining the TODO for a
while just in case the new idea doesn't work out, like it didn't last
time.  :-)

Date:
> > > natively, whereas
> they have to
> > >
> > > I thought we were talking about the TODO list, not the FAQs?
> >
> > We are. But the TODO list is in the FAQ directory, and is
> handled just
> > like the FAQs.
> >

> > > And let me pitch Bruce again to database the TODO list ....
> >
> > Um. Let me second that ;-) But I've also tried before :-)
>
> Go ahead.  I find a database is more work but if someone else
> wants to try it, they are welcome.  I will continue
> maintaining the TODO for a while just in case the new idea
> doesn't work out, like it didn't last time.  :-)

Actually, the even more important things about this I beleive are:

1) Unless you, who are actually going to maintain it, think it's good,
it's never going to work. And I'm certainly no saying someone else
(expecially not me! :P) should maintain it... (while it could perhaps be
shared, but that can be done either way)

2) I *personally* think it should also be combined with being some kind
of bug tracker (more along the line of a general issue tracker), and
that's *definitly* going to fly unless the people who would use it most
(-core and other main developers) want it. And the archives are full of
discussinos about that ;-)

If you're interested in giving at least (1) a try, let me know. But
since you're the guy who maintains it (and has been for a long time),
you're the one who knows what the specs will have to be so it fullfills
your requiremetns :-)

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > What are our
> > >
> > > Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
> > > properly. What do you use to generate it from text?
> >
> > I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
> >
> > I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that
> > and regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
>
> In general that should work much better. but that page has *two* <body>
> tags! One within the <head> section. Either you missed a cut/paste
> somewhere, or that package is *very* broken.
>
> And it's not valid XHTML, which really should happen with --xhtml, no?
> Even if I fix that, I get some invalid uses of <LI> in the output.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.postgresql.org%
> 2F%7Emomjian%2FTODO.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28d
> etect+automatically%29
>
> (it really should validate as XHTML strict, but it doesn't even manage
> XHTML Transitional)

Would you please check the above URL again? I think I fixed all the
problems with the TODO list HTML.  It validated with XHTML transitional,
and failed with XHTML strict only because of the BODY color tags.

If it is OK I will add the TODO.html to CVS in doc/src/FAQ/.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Go ahead.  I find a database is more work but if someone else
> > wants to try it, they are welcome.  I will continue
> > maintaining the TODO for a while just in case the new idea
> > doesn't work out, like it didn't last time.  :-)
>
> Actually, the even more important things about this I beleive are:
>
> 1) Unless you, who are actually going to maintain it, think it's good,
> it's never going to work. And I'm certainly no saying someone else
> (expecially not me! :P) should maintain it... (while it could perhaps be
> shared, but that can be done either way)
>
> 2) I *personally* think it should also be combined with being some kind
> of bug tracker (more along the line of a general issue tracker), and
> that's *definitly* going to fly unless the people who would use it most
> (-core and other main developers) want it. And the archives are full of
> discussinos about that ;-)
>

> If you're interested in giving at least (1) a try, let me know. But
> since you're the guy who maintains it (and has been for a long time),
> you're the one who knows what the specs will have to be so it fullfills
> your requiremetns :-)

The big issue here is time investment vs. payback.  On the one extreme,
you have what we have now --- a flat file that I can edit in 2 seconds
and push into CVS and the web with one command.  On the other end, you
have the bugzilla monster that is very hard to understand let alone use.

The issue is what do you want to track, and how much time is it worth
expending to track it.  Personally, I am just fine with the current
system.  I don't have enough time to do the important things, let alone
time to track who requested certain features and why, and I don't think
it is useful for me to change that.  If others want to expend the time,
I will support them in hopes that they will expend the time to track it
and I will not have to be as involved.

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> The issue is what do you want to track, and how much time is it worth
> expending to track it.  Personally, I am just fine with the current
> system.  I don't have enough time to do the important things, let alone
> time to track who requested certain features and why, and I don't think
> it is useful for me to change that.  If others want to expend the time,
> I will support them in hopes that they will expend the time to track it
> and I will not have to be as involved.

Agreed, bugzilla isn't going to help.   Frankly, I haven't see the software
that *would* help.   I don't think it's been written yet.   What we need is
software that:

1) let us track various TODOs
2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
3) kept partial code when contributed
4) linked to e-mail discussions
5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
6) tracked which features were dependant on which other features being
implemented.
7) was searchable

That, IMHO, would make it worth a little extra effort to enter stuff.  And you
could draft help.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Date:

> > > What are our

> > > I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
> > >
> > > I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that and
> > > regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
> >
> > In general that should work much better. but that page has *two*
> > cut/paste somewhere, or that package is *very* broken.
> >
> > And it's not valid XHTML, which really should happen with
> --xhtml, no?
> > Even if I fix that, I get some invalid uses of <LI> in the output.
> >

> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.postgresql.or
> > g%
> >
> 2F%7Emomjian%2FTODO.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%2
> > 8d
> > etect+automatically%29
> >
> > (it really should validate as XHTML strict, but it doesn't
> even manage
> > XHTML Transitional)
>
> Would you please check the above URL again? I think I fixed
> all the problems with the TODO list HTML.  It validated with
> XHTML transitional, and failed with XHTML strict only because
> of the BODY color tags.
>
> If it is OK I will add the TODO.html to CVS in doc/src/FAQ/.

Yup, that looks good. Validates as XHTML strict when loaded in the
framework. Go for it.

//Magnus

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Tom Copeland
Date:
On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 21:51 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Agreed, bugzilla isn't going to help.   Frankly, I haven't see the software
> that *would* help.   I don't think it's been written yet.   What we need is
> software that:
>
> 1) let us track various TODOs
> 2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
> 3) kept partial code when contributed
> 4) linked to e-mail discussions
> 5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
> 6) tracked which features were dependant on which other features being
> implemented.
> 7) was searchable

Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...

Yours,

Tom

Re: Problem with web TODO list

Date:
OK, the TODO on the web site is updated to HTML.  It looks great!
Thanks Magnus.

Date:
>> Agreed, bugzilla isn't going to help.   Frankly, I haven't
>see the software
>> that *would* help.   I don't think it's been written yet.
>What we need is
>> software that:
>>
>> 1) let us track various TODOs
>> 2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
>> 3) kept partial code when contributed
>> 4) linked to e-mail discussions
>> 5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
>> 6) tracked which features were dependant on which other
>features being
>> implemented.
>> 7) was searchable
>
>Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...

Really? In my experience, those trackers certainly make me understand
Bruce's not wanting to use them ;)

AFAIK, they're missing a lot of the requirements Josh put forward, and
IMHO (but that's MHO only, of course) are not very flexible to work with
;-) (for example, the fact that it remails the entire item on any change
at all annoys me very much :P)

It may be closer than Bugzilla, but I think it's pretty far off still...

//Magnus

Date:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 19:03 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> 1) let us track various TODOs
> >> 2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
> >> 3) kept partial code when contributed
> >> 4) linked to e-mail discussions
> >> 5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
> >> 6) tracked which features were dependant on which other
> >features being
> >> implemented.
> >> 7) was searchable
> >
> >Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...
>
> It may be closer than Bugzilla, but I think it's pretty far off still...

Yup, the tracker doesn't do some of that stuff... like #4 and #6.  Maybe
the tasks thingy is better; it does dependencies:

http://tinyurl.com/6v32z

Its primary virtue may be that it currently exists :-)

Yours,

Tom

Date:
>> >features being
>> >
>> >Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...
>>
>> It may be closer than Bugzilla, but I think it's pretty far
>off still...
>
>Yup, the tracker doesn't do some of that stuff... like #4 and
>#6.

It does #7 now?! tell me how :D I've been longing for this! (I'd say
that is one of the most important features!)

> Maybe
>the tasks thingy is better; it does dependencies:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/6v32z

Hmm. Could be.  I still don'tt hink it'll cut it all the wya, though.

>Its primary virtue may be that it currently exists :-)

Oh, most definitly :-) But I think we'll need something that's closer to
"a perfect match". You need a tool that's adapted to the way the
development works, not the other way around... Also, I'm having a hard
time seeing this one scale to the size of postgresql (not technically -
I'm sure it can do that, though it's dog slow on pgFoundry I'm sure it
can be made fast on different hardware - I'm talking about
usability-wise. The TODO list currently has somewhere around 250 items,
and if you eventually want to bring in all bugs from pgsql-bugs etc..

//Magnus

Date:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 19:33 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> It does #7 now?! tell me how :D I've been longing for this! (I'd say
> that is one of the most important features!)

If you go to, say, the support project bug tracker:

http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?atid=146&group_id=1000013&func=browse

there's a dropdown list at the top of the page and a textfield to put a
search keyword in.  This dropdown list is context-sensitive, so if
you're viewing a forum, the "bugs" option will go away and "this forum"
or something to that effect will appear.

> >http://tinyurl.com/6v32z
>
> Hmm. Could be.  I still don'tt hink it'll cut it all the wya, though.

Yup, true, probably not.

> Oh, most definitly :-) But I think we'll need something that's closer to
> "a perfect match". You need a tool that's adapted to the way the
> development works, not the other way around... Also, I'm having a hard
> time seeing this one scale to the size of postgresql (not technically -
> I'm sure it can do that, though it's dog slow on pgFoundry I'm sure it
> can be made fast on different hardware - I'm talking about
> usability-wise. The TODO list currently has somewhere around 250 items,
> and if you eventually want to bring in all bugs from pgsql-bugs etc..

Yup, PGFoundry is pretty glacial right now.  It's getting put on new
hardware, though, which should help.  FWIW, RubyForge (another GForge
instance) has some projects that have a fair number of items in the
trackers:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=202&group_id=31&func=browse

and it seems to hold up fairly well.

But I agree wholeheartedly that it's better to tailor the tool to the
dev process than vice versa.

Yours,

Tom

Date:
>> It does #7 now?! tell me how :D I've been longing for this! (I'd say
>> that is one of the most important features!)
>
>If you go to, say, the support project bug tracker:
>
>http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?atid=146&group_id=1000013&func=browse
>
>there's a dropdown list at the top of the page and a textfield to put a
>search keyword in.  This dropdown list is context-sensitive, so if
>you're viewing a forum, the "bugs" option will go away and "this forum"
>or something to that effect will appear.

Oh, there it is! It was just kind of weird that it wasn't along witth
the tracker, that looks more like a general search box :-)
Now, if I could combine this with filtering, I would be completely
satisfied :-)

>> Oh, most definitly :-) But I think we'll need something
>that's closer to
>> "a perfect match". You need a tool that's adapted to the way the
>> development works, not the other way around... Also, I'm
>having a hard
>> time seeing this one scale to the size of postgresql (not
>technically -
>> I'm sure it can do that, though it's dog slow on pgFoundry
>I'm sure it
>> can be made fast on different hardware - I'm talking about
>> usability-wise. The TODO list currently has somewhere around
>250 items,
>> and if you eventually want to bring in all bugs from pgsql-bugs etc..
>
>Yup, PGFoundry is pretty glacial right now.  It's getting put on new
>hardware, though, which should help.  FWIW, RubyForge (another GForge
>instance) has some projects that have a fair number of items in the
>trackers:
>
>http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=202&group_id=31&func=browse
>
>and it seems to hold up fairly well.

Well, that's still only 37 on that page :)

But a working search function takes care of a lot of the issues I've
seen with large number of items on the lists. It just gets impossible to
find. I even had that problem with pginstaller, which certainly doesn't
have a lot of entries in its trackers.

//Magnus

//Magnus

Date:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:40 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Oh, there it is! It was just kind of weird that it wasn't along witth
> the tracker, that looks more like a general search box :-)

I agree, it is in a weird location... I don't know, my eyes just kind of
skip over it.  This comes up on the GForge forums occasionally, same
sort of thing.

> Well, that's still only 37 on that page :)

Touche :-)

> But a working search function takes care of a lot of the issues I've
> seen with large number of items on the lists. It just gets impossible to
> find. I even had that problem with pginstaller, which certainly doesn't
> have a lot of entries in its trackers.

Cool,

Tom

Re: Problem with web TODO list

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 18 April 2005 14:52, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:40 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Oh, there it is! It was just kind of weird that it wasn't along witth
> > the tracker, that looks more like a general search box :-)
>
> I agree, it is in a weird location... I don't know, my eyes just kind of
> skip over it.  This comes up on the GForge forums occasionally, same
> sort of thing.
>
> > Well, that's still only 37 on that page :)

I think the largest use of a gforge-esque tracking system is probably
sourceforge themselves: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1

--
Robert Treat