Re: Problem with web TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date
List pgsql-www
Bruce,

> The issue is what do you want to track, and how much time is it worth
> expending to track it.  Personally, I am just fine with the current
> system.  I don't have enough time to do the important things, let alone
> time to track who requested certain features and why, and I don't think
> it is useful for me to change that.  If others want to expend the time,
> I will support them in hopes that they will expend the time to track it
> and I will not have to be as involved.

Agreed, bugzilla isn't going to help.   Frankly, I haven't see the software
that *would* help.   I don't think it's been written yet.   What we need is
software that:

1) let us track various TODOs
2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
3) kept partial code when contributed
4) linked to e-mail discussions
5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
6) tracked which features were dependant on which other features being
implemented.
7) was searchable

That, IMHO, would make it worth a little extra effort to enter stuff.  And you
could draft help.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions