Re: Problem with web TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date
List pgsql-www
>> >features being
>> >
>> >Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...
>>
>> It may be closer than Bugzilla, but I think it's pretty far
>off still...
>
>Yup, the tracker doesn't do some of that stuff... like #4 and
>#6.

It does #7 now?! tell me how :D I've been longing for this! (I'd say
that is one of the most important features!)

> Maybe
>the tasks thingy is better; it does dependencies:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/6v32z

Hmm. Could be.  I still don'tt hink it'll cut it all the wya, though.

>Its primary virtue may be that it currently exists :-)

Oh, most definitly :-) But I think we'll need something that's closer to
"a perfect match". You need a tool that's adapted to the way the
development works, not the other way around... Also, I'm having a hard
time seeing this one scale to the size of postgresql (not technically -
I'm sure it can do that, though it's dog slow on pgFoundry I'm sure it
can be made fast on different hardware - I'm talking about
usability-wise. The TODO list currently has somewhere around 250 items,
and if you eventually want to bring in all bugs from pgsql-bugs etc..

//Magnus