Re: Problem with web TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date
List pgsql-www
> > >you put it in

> which is the

> > >the source
> > >
> > >Please look on my current HTML TODO version:
> > >
> > >    http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/TODO.html
> > >
> > >Because it is generated from text, I can't clean it up.
> What are our
> > >options?
> >
> > Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
> > properly. What do you use to generate it from text?
>
> I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
>
> I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that
> and regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?

In general that should work much better. but that page has *two* <body>
tags! One within the <head> section. Either you missed a cut/paste
somewhere, or that package is *very* broken.

And it's not valid XHTML, which really should happen with --xhtml, no?
Even if I fix that, I get some invalid uses of <LI> in the output.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.postgresql.org%
2F%7Emomjian%2FTODO.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28d
etect+automatically%29

(it really should validate as XHTML strict, but it doesn't even manage
XHTML Transitional)

//Magnus