Re: Problem with web TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > What are our
> > >
> > > Hmm. one main problem is that it doesn't close the <P> or <LI> tags
> > > properly. What do you use to generate it from text?
> >
> > I use txt2html at http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/.
> >
> > I just found an --xhtml flag to the utility.  I added that
> > and regenerated the HTML at the above URL.  WOuld you check it again?
>
> In general that should work much better. but that page has *two* <body>
> tags! One within the <head> section. Either you missed a cut/paste
> somewhere, or that package is *very* broken.
>
> And it's not valid XHTML, which really should happen with --xhtml, no?
> Even if I fix that, I get some invalid uses of <LI> in the output.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.postgresql.org%
> 2F%7Emomjian%2FTODO.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28d
> etect+automatically%29
>
> (it really should validate as XHTML strict, but it doesn't even manage
> XHTML Transitional)

Would you please check the above URL again? I think I fixed all the
problems with the TODO list HTML.  It validated with XHTML transitional,
and failed with XHTML strict only because of the BODY color tags.

If it is OK I will add the TODO.html to CVS in doc/src/FAQ/.