Re: Problem with web TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date
List pgsql-www
>> Agreed, bugzilla isn't going to help.   Frankly, I haven't
>see the software
>> that *would* help.   I don't think it's been written yet.
>What we need is
>> software that:
>>
>> 1) let us track various TODOs
>> 2) kept draft specifications for those TODOs
>> 3) kept partial code when contributed
>> 4) linked to e-mail discussions
>> 5) tracked who'd volunteered to implement and/or test features
>> 6) tracked which features were dependant on which other
>features being
>> implemented.
>> 7) was searchable
>
>Sounds a bit like the RFE tracker on a PGFoundry project...

Really? In my experience, those trackers certainly make me understand
Bruce's not wanting to use them ;)

AFAIK, they're missing a lot of the requirements Josh put forward, and
IMHO (but that's MHO only, of course) are not very flexible to work with
;-) (for example, the fact that it remails the entire item on any change
at all annoys me very much :P)

It may be closer than Bugzilla, but I think it's pretty far off still...

//Magnus