PostgreSQL Certification

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Myself and a small team of PostgreSQL contributors have started a new
> community project for PostgreSQL Certification. It is just launching
> but we wanted to get it out there so that people can join in on the
> discussion now :).

Who else is in this?  Have you talked to the Venezualan folks?  SRA?

As you know, I'm strongly in favor of a good, generally respected
certification.  Let's get all of the interested folks on one project.

--Josh

Date:

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> I have not spoken with SRA or the Venezualan folks but am more than
> happy to have them involved.

OK, I'll get you some contact info.

--Josh

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Can you show us the goals of the PostgreSQL Certification ?
I always voted for the united PostgreSQL Certification program
(amin, developer) we could promote with the help of commercial companies.
In my opinion, common certificate, valid in all countries will be much more
useful than buttons. We have several good authors who can be sponsored to
write certification courses with the help of developers.

Oleg
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
Dan Langille
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> Myself and a small team of PostgreSQL contributors have started a new
>> community project for PostgreSQL Certification. It is just launching
>> but we wanted to get it out there so that people can join in on the
>> discussion now :).
>
> Who else is in this?  Have you talked to the Venezualan folks?  SRA?
>
> As you know, I'm strongly in favor of a good, generally respected
> certification.  Let's get all of the interested folks on one project.

You may know that I'm part of the BSD Certification Group.  Proper
certification is not a trivial project.  I joined up.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference: http://www.bsdcan.org/

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
brian
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> Myself and a small team of PostgreSQL contributors have started a new
>> community project for PostgreSQL Certification. It is just launching
>> but we wanted to get it out there so that people can join in on the
>> discussion now :).
>
> Who else is in this?  Have you talked to the Venezualan folks?  SRA?
>
> As you know, I'm strongly in favor of a good, generally respected
> certification.  Let's get all of the interested folks on one project.

Am i automatically disqualified by asking who "the Venezualan folks" are?

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Certification

From
Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Date:
I suggest to explicitly invite the Russian folks too.
Oleg showed strong interest in a global certification thing.

we can contribute some material and so on if needed. it is currently in german but it should not be a big problem.

many thanks,

hans