Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Certification
List pgsql-advocacy
On Feb 4, 2008 12:18 PM, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > Guys, with respect this thread does nothing for us unless it is on the
> > certification list.
>
> Do we really need a separate mailing list for every thread? It's already kind
> of crazy with dozens of lists, many of them moribund, which most people aren't
> even aware exist.

Even a new domain seems odd to me - if this is to be official, then
surely it should be under postgresql.org. Otherwise, whats to stop me
or anyone else starting a competing certification and claiming it's
just as valid? (other than the fact I don't have the time or energy!).

/D