Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, February 4, 2008 2:48 pm, Gregory Stark wrote:

> [*] "New newsgroups are formed not on The Field Of Dreams theory- "if you
>     build it, they will come"- but on the Brooklyn Dodgers theory-
> "dammit,
>     there's too many teams in this city: someone move out!"--Charles
> Seaton

It appears that we agree on the theory.  We differ on the measurement.

From experience, it is best to do the certification on a distinct list.

The PostgreSQL project is not immune to the "too many cooks" problem.  It
has an abundance of people willing to contribute.  But unfortunately, most
of them are only willing to contribute their opinions when what is lacking
is heavy lifting.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/