Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:11:52 -0800
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> So, I'm in favor of a separate list, but think that having a separate
> domain is a mistake.  The separate domain says "this is a Drake and
> Selena effort and not a community effort" to those not involved.

Selena isn't involved in the organization of this project, of course you
knew that as I already posted who the original members were.

There are several reasons that I didn't request a certification list
@postgresql.org, not at least of which is that I didn't want to waste
precious cycles on this very discussion.

I am more interested in garnering small but influential support via
known contributors on a pro-certification, pro-productivity list. These
are the people that are interested in actually helping getting the work
done. You have already admitted you are not one of those.

Please let us be productive now.

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Attachment