I need information about PG-Day

From
"PostgreSQL Project DR"

My name is Luis Contreras, I’m from Dominican Republic, actually there are many users on PostgreSQL in my country. I have about 8 years working with Unix/Linux Enviroments and 2 years working with PostgreSQL. I would like to know if I could arrange a PGDay for the Caribbean area or for Dominican Republic only, I have contact with the principals universities in my country and at the same time I know a lot of Unix/Linux users.

Please send information about what I need in order to arrange an event like this.

Thanks a lot

Re: I need information about PG-Day

From
Marcelo Costa

 Hi

--
Marcelo Costa
www.marcelocosta.net

Doctor House in apology to Mike Jagger

Re: I need information about PG-Day

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
PostgreSQL Project DR escreveu:
> My name is Luis Contreras, I’m from Dominican Republic, actually there
> are many users on PostgreSQL in my country. I have about 8 years working
> with Unix/Linux Enviroments and 2 years working with PostgreSQL. I would
> like to know if I could arrange a PGDay for the Caribbean area or for
> Dominican Republic only, I have contact with the principals universities
> in my country and at the same time I know a lot of Unix/Linux users.

Of course, you can. ;)

> Please send information about what I need in order to arrange an event
> like this.

A good start is [1]. Let us know if you need some assistance.

[1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgDayManual

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: I need information about PG-Day

From
"PostgreSQL Project DR"

Hi everybody

Thanks a lot for the support, I will prepare the PG-Day for the next year 2010.

My name is Luis Contreras, I’m from Dominican Republic, actually there are many users on PostgreSQL in my country. I have about 8 years working with Unix/Linux Enviroments and 2 years working with PostgreSQL. I would like to know if I could arrange a PGDay for the Caribbean area or for Dominican Republic only, I have contact with the principals universities in my country and at the same time I know a lot of Unix/Linux users.

Please send information about what I need in order to arrange an event like this.

Thanks a lot

--
Marcelo Costa
www.marcelocosta.net
“You can't always get what want”,

Doctor House in apology to Mike Jagger

Re: I need information about PG-Day USER GROUP

From
"PostgreSQL Project DR"

I wanna know how to set up a unique Postgresql User Group Page ….

Any help about it ??? …

My name is Luis Contreras, I’m from Dominican Republic, actually there are many users on PostgreSQL in my country. I have about 8 years working with Unix/Linux Enviroments and 2 years working with PostgreSQL. I would like to know if I could arrange a PGDay for the Caribbean area or for Dominican Republic only, I have contact with the principals universities in my country and at the same time I know a lot of Unix/Linux users.

Please send information about what I need in order to arrange an event like this.

Thanks a lot

--
Marcelo Costa
www.marcelocosta.net
“You can't always get what want”,

Doctor House in apology to Mike Jagger

Re: I need information about PG-Day

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
PostgreSQL Project DR escribió:
> Hi everybody
>

> Thanks a lot for the support, I will prepare the PG-Day for the next year
> 2010.

Be sure to tell the guys in the spanish lists, pgsql-es-ayuda and
pgsql-es-fomento.  We have at least one high profile member in Dominican
Republic.  Oh, and there was talk about setting up a Latin American
PGDay of sorts, next year in Colombia and in Cuba in 2011, I think.

Re: I need information about PG-Day USER GROUP

From
"PostgreSQL Project DR"

Hi Raveen

Read this link http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_AIX.html maybe it could help you