Re: I need information about PG-Day - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: I need information about PG-Day
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian escribió:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks a lot for the support, I will prepare the PG-Day for the next
> > > year 2010.
> >
> > Might I suggest doing a general Carribean PGDay?
> >
> > The folks in Cuba really want to hold a PGDay, but we can't send an
> > American PostgreSQL Hacker to speak if they did.  If the PGDay in the DR
>
> I don't think that is true.  I was invited to speak in Cuba two years
> ago but had a schedule conflict, but I did research at that time and
> found that US citizens can attend professional conferences in Cuba:

That might well be true -- however, the funds held by SPI Inc. on the
behalf of PostgreSQL cannot be used to refund the travel expenses, which
is what I think Josh is alluding to.

(I know this very well because I'm travelling there later this month to
teach a PG week-long course, and our liaison told me it was no use
applying for a refund due to US govt. limitations.  So I have to pay for
the expenses out of my own pocket.)