Re: I need information about PG-Day - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From PostgreSQL Project DR
Subject Re: I need information about PG-Day
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Well, I was thinking to arrange it for local only, because it would be the
first time, and now I'm sending messages and contacting postgresql users in
order for the next month to give some conferences in some universities in
DR, so I could detect postgresql users that later I could use as support in
activities ahead.

If you could give some suggestions about it, just let me know,

Thanks a lot

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Berkus [mailto:josh@agliodbs.com]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 4:39 PM
To: PostgreSQL Project DR
Cc: Marcelo Costa; pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] I need information about PG-Day

> Thanks a lot for the support, I will prepare the PG-Day for the next
> year 2010.

Might I suggest doing a general Carribean PGDay?

The folks in Cuba really want to hold a PGDay, but we can't send an
American PostgreSQL Hacker to speak if they did.  If the PGDay in the DR
was for the whole Carribean, including Cuba, both Cubans and Americans
could go.  And they might, especially if you hold it in the winter ...

--Josh Berkus