Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
We intend to print some flyers for LinuxWorld Expo in Frankfurt at the end
of this month, using the texts on the advocacy pages.  But I have found
these texts to be disappointing.  They exaggerate boring features, they
are fuzzy on complex things rather than taking the time to explain them,
the arrangement and coherence of the points isn't all that great.

regarding the text at http://advocacy.postgresql.org/:

> * World-class security

While certainly PostgreSQL can be regarded secure, touting the security
"world-class" is exaggerated.  What is the standard for comparison?

> * Worldwide Independent Software Vendor (ISV) network

What is that?  Besides gratuitous use of marketing-friendly acronyms?

> * Extensive support options

What?  By whom?  Where?  Who evaluates that?

> * ANSI Standards Compliance

There are thousands of ANSI and ISO standards.  Be concrete about what you
mean.  And the correct term is "conformance".

Then there is the page http://advocacy.postgresql.org/advantages/, which
partially seems to duplicate or extend the above.  The relationship ought
to be made clearer.

> With PostgreSQL, no-one can sue you for breaking licensing agreements,
> as there is no associated licensing cost for the software.

I can still sue anyone for breaking licensing agreements.  There isn't a
lot to break in the licensing agreements, but that doesn't invalidate my
point.

> In addition to this our training programs are generally regarded as
> being far more cost effective, manageable, and practical in the real
> world than that of the leading proprietary database vendors.

What are "our training programs"?  Does the PostgreSQL group offer
trainings now?

I think there is too much mixing between what the PostgreSQL community
produces and what other external entities may provide around that.  Those
external entities are certainly an integral part of the whole deal, but
you need to be honest and clear to users about what comes from where.
Considering, for example, that you cannot possibly know about all training
programs that are being offered for PostgreSQL, making statements about
how they are generally regarded is bogus.

> If your staff have a need to customise or extend PostgreSQL in any way
> then they are able to do so with a minimum of effort, and with no
> attached costs.

I think it's better to talk to "you" instead of "your staff".  If the
person reading this doesn't have a staff, he might be turned off.  "You"
addresses all sizes and types of audiences.

> 34 platforms with the latest stable release

I keep counting and I can only find 23.  Instead of trying to impress with
numbers, I suggest you give some concrete information, such as by listing
the operating systems on which it runs.

> Designed for high volume environments
> We use a multiple row data storage strategy called MVCC to make
> PostgreSQL extremely responsive in high volume environments.  The
> leading proprietary database vendor uses this technology as well, for
> the same reasons.

"Designed" is misleading.  "Suitable" would be correct.  As we all know,
"PostgreSQL is bloatware by design, it was built to house Ph.D. theses"
(Hellerstein).  Also, does "high volume" mean a lot of data in the
database, or a lot of traffic?  In the first case, the association with
MVCC is wrong.

> * ANSI SQL compliant

What version of the standard, to what extent?  (also here "conforming")

> * Native interfaces for ODBC, JDBC, C, C++, PHP, Perl, TCL, ECPG, Python, and Ruby

This is a bit too mixed up.  There are "native interfaces" for the
programming languages C, C++, PHP, Perl, Tcl (note spelling), Python, and
Ruby.

It provides "drivers" for ODBC an JDBC.

It supports the embedded SQL in C binding (which happens to be implemented
by a program called ecpg).

> * Sub-selects

The proper term is "subquery".

> * An open API

Where?  To do what?

> * Hot stand-by (commercial solutions)

That really isn't appropriate to mention when a few paragraphs earlier
you're rejoicing about how open and free the system is.

> * Better than row-level locking

This needs to be made more concrete.  Why not throw in a mention of MVCC,
and then explain that MVCC gives you better than row-level locking.

> * Loadable extensions offering SHA1, MD5, XML, and other functionality

Are SHA and MD5 really that exciting to be representative of the extension
functionality?  Maybe OpenFTS and Postgis are more exciting examples of
plugins?

> * Tools for generating portable SQL to share with other SQL-compliant systems

Really?  Where can I get that?

> * Extensible data type system providing for custom, user-defined
> datatypes and rapid development of new datatypes

The wording seems redundant.  If the system provides for datatypes, it's
implied that one can develop them.

Finally, let me point you to this page

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/features.html

which was written a while ago as a starting point for marketing material.
Notice that it gives the reader a sentence or two of explanation of each
important item, rather than just saying "trigger" or "Unicode".

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter,

> We intend to print some flyers for LinuxWorld Expo in Frankfurt at the end
> of this month, using the texts on the advocacy pages.  But I have found
> these texts to be disappointing.  They exaggerate boring features, they
> are fuzzy on complex things rather than taking the time to explain them,
> the arrangement and coherence of the points isn't all that great.

As always, you find ways to offer help antagonistically. <sigh>

Sure, the text at advocacy.postgresql.org could use an overhaul.    So?  Do
it.  You know as well as I do that we don't have a PR agency to step in and
take care of all of the tedious stuff for us.

Actually, I need to develop such a paper for PHPCon.   Want to work together?
Do you have any propaganda prepared?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

   I would be happy to have myself and my marketing guy (sale engineer
for about 12 years) go over anything you want to send across.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Ryan Mahoney
Date:
I found Peter's critical input very informative and I agree with much of
it.  I don't think his intentention was to antagonize anyone,.  The work
you and others have done is very important to the Postgesql community
and we all recognize that.  Please don't take messages like this too
personally - not all that long ago there was no advocacy site to be
critical of, and that alone is a major accomplishment!  That being said,
there will always be room for improvement and this type of feedback is
important for the success of the advocacy site.

Let me know if I can help.  If you are interested in addressing some of
Peter's points I have some free time this weekend to research and make
suggestions for possible textual revisions.

-r

Ryan Mahoney <ryan@paymentalliance.net>

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Ryna,

> I found Peter's critical input very informative and I agree with much of
> it.  I don't think his intentention was to antagonize anyone,.

No, he didn't ... that's just Peter's manner.

>  That being said,
> there will always be room for improvement and this type of feedback is
> important for the success of the advocacy site.

There is LOTS of room for improvement.   Not just accuracy, but depth.  Justin
and Robert and the crew put that together without much help and without
previous examples to draw on.

> Let me know if I can help.  If you are interested in addressing some of
> Peter's points I have some free time this weekend to research and make
> suggestions for possible textual revisions.

Just go ahead and write.   Anything you can provide will be welcome.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Ryan Mahoney
Date:
Excellent.  I am going to use Peter's comments as a starting place.
Should I send my writing to the list, to your email or another place?

> Just go ahead and write.   Anything you can provide will be welcome.

-r

--
Ryan Mahoney <ryan@paymentalliance.net>

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Ryan,

> Excellent.  I am going to use Peter's comments as a starting place.
> Should I send my writing to the list, to your email or another place?

The list is perfect.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 16:20, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> > Excellent.  I am going to use Peter's comments as a starting place.
> > Should I send my writing to the list, to your email or another place?
>
> The list is perfect.

Ryan, some things to keep in mind:

1) The target audience of the advocacy site is PHB's, not technical
people.

2) Any change you suggest will need to be translated into a slew of
different languages, so keep your words clear and simple.

3) The target audience of the advocacy site is PHB's, not technical
people.

Robert Treat

Am Fr, den 10.10.2003 schrieb Peter Eisentraut um 00:59:

Hello Peter,

> We intend to print some flyers for LinuxWorld Expo in Frankfurt at the end
> of this month, using the texts on the advocacy pages.  But I have found

Thanks alot for your comments.

because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
request
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php) we
put together a version in german and english.

You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf

Some minor layout problems (backgroup resolution, the lines of the
table,... )will be fixed on monday and it will be printed in the next
two weeks and be ready for the LinuxWorld Expo (one side german, the
other english).

Please tell us your comments/improvements.:)

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org

Attachment

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:59:18PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> 1) The target audience of the advocacy site is PHB's, not technical
> people.

This, by the way, is Real Important.  Some of Peter's complaints
('world standard is meaningless because you don't know what the
comparison class is') are not things that would sway a PHB at all, in
my experience.  Indeed, I made _exactly_ that argument about a year
and a half ago, and was overruled by a PHB who thought it was good
sales copy.  (In case one wonders what has happened to the English
language.)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Quoth andrew@libertyrms.info (Andrew Sullivan):
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:59:18PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
>> 1) The target audience of the advocacy site is PHB's, not technical
>> people.
>
> This, by the way, is Real Important.  Some of Peter's complaints
> ('world standard is meaningless because you don't know what the
> comparison class is') are not things that would sway a PHB at all, in
> my experience.  Indeed, I made _exactly_ that argument about a year
> and a half ago, and was overruled by a PHB who thought it was good
> sales copy.  (In case one wonders what has happened to the English
> language.)

Unfortunately, the present mix seems to be compromising the notion of
being on any sort of "moral high ground," and risks flamage from those
that _do_ know the degree of meaninglessness of the "marketing copy."

It used to be "fair game" to bash the people at MySQL AB for having
marketing copy that was misleading and/or dishonest.  They have
cleaned their game up, at least a bit, by taking out the more
grievious misstatements about PostgreSQL.

I think the material is quite repairable; some changes of wording
ought to do...
--
"aa454","@","freenet.carleton.ca"
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/lsf.html

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

  As someone who has to walk both sides of the line... sales/marketing
and geek, I find it best
to keep a moderate sales pitch that revolves around honesty.

  Volvo's are boxy (sp?) but there good!

  PostgreSQL is arguably the fastest relational database under heavy load.

  PostgreSQL is the only widely used ACID compliant database. (followed
up with a link to a reasonable description
  about why MySQL is not ACID complian)

  PostgreSQL has the most flexible licensing model of all widely
deployed Open Source Databases.

  PostgreSQL is the only open source database (this needs to be
verified) that supports required database features
  such as SQL Compliance (this would have to be worded a little
differently), User defined functions, Triggers, View etc...

  PostgreSQL has the widest range of externernal language support
available of any database (this is marketing fluff but fairly true).
Including:

  Java
  C#/.Net
  C/C++
  Perl
  PHP
  Python
  TCL
  Ruby

  Note that the list is not alphabetical, but actually listed in order
of deployment. If you read the rags (InfoWorld, Enterprise Comuting, SD
Times) that is pretty much the order. Language religion is irrelevant here.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Christopher Browne wrote:

>Quoth andrew@libertyrms.info (Andrew Sullivan):
>

>>On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:59:18PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
>>

>>>1) The target audience of the advocacy site is PHB's, not technical
>>>people.
>>>

>>This, by the way, is Real Important.  Some of Peter's complaints
>>('world standard is meaningless because you don't know what the
>>comparison class is') are not things that would sway a PHB at all, in
>>my experience.  Indeed, I made _exactly_ that argument about a year
>>and a half ago, and was overruled by a PHB who thought it was good
>>sales copy.  (In case one wonders what has happened to the English
>>language.)
>>

>Unfortunately, the present mix seems to be compromising the notion of
>being on any sort of "moral high ground," and risks flamage from those
>that _do_ know the degree of meaninglessness of the "marketing copy."
>
>It used to be "fair game" to bash the people at MySQL AB for having
>marketing copy that was misleading and/or dishonest.  They have
>cleaned their game up, at least a bit, by taking out the more
>grievious misstatements about PostgreSQL.
>
>I think the material is quite repairable; some changes of wording
>ought to do...

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Noel,

> because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> request
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php)

There were a number of responses, which amounted to "we don't have any better
text, Peter's changes are valid with caveats".

> we
> put together a version in german and english.
>
> You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf

Cool!   I look forward to helping improve it.  However, I can't seem to get
the download link to work.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer [was: Re:

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
does peter have access to upload things to the advocacy web site?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Noel,
>
> > because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> > request
> > (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php)
>
> There were a number of responses, which amounted to "we don't have any better
> text, Peter's changes are valid with caveats".
>
> > we
> > put together a version in german and english.
> >
> > You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf
>
> Cool!   I look forward to helping improve it.  However, I can't seem to get
> the download link to work.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer [was: Re:

From
Robert Treat
Date:
define "upload"... most of the text is housed in a database, and is
modified via a web interface, so making changes probably doesn't require
uploading anything in the traditional sense. Of course the files that
power the site are available via cvs and he can always send in patches
should he need to make a structural change.

Robert Treat

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 20:01, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> does peter have access to upload things to the advocacy web site?
>
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > Noel,
> >
> > > because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> > > request
> > > (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php)
> >
> > There were a number of responses, which amounted to "we don't have any better
> > text, Peter's changes are valid with caveats".
> >
> > > we
> > > put together a version in german and english.
> > >
> > > You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf
> >
> > Cool!   I look forward to helping improve it.  However, I can't seem to get
> > the download link to work.

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer [was: Re:

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Noèl Köthe wrote:

> Am Fr, den 10.10.2003 schrieb Peter Eisentraut um 00:59:
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> > We intend to print some flyers for LinuxWorld Expo in Frankfurt at the end
> > of this month, using the texts on the advocacy pages.  But I have found
>
> Thanks alot for your comments.
>
> because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> request
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php) we
> put together a version in german and english.
>
> You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf
>
> Some minor layout problems (backgroup resolution, the lines of the
> table,... )will be fixed on monday and it will be printed in the next
> two weeks and be ready for the LinuxWorld Expo (one side german, the
> other english).
>
> Please tell us your comments/improvements.:)

The elephant in the background is too dark and makes it difficult to read
the text.  Could you lighten it up, perhaps more like a watermark?  As it
is, there are some words that are almost obscured beyond readability being
black text on a dark grey background.

Re: Some comments on the marketing texts

From
Bruce Badger
Date:
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 03:13, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>   PostgreSQL has the widest range of externernal language support
> available of any database (this is marketing fluff but fairly true).
> Including:
>
>   Java
>   C#/.Net
>   C/C++
>   Perl
>   PHP
>   Python
>   TCL
>   Ruby

You can add Smalltalk to that list.  There have been Smalltalk
PostgreSQL drivers since early 2001.

All the best,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.com

Attachment

Date:
Noèl Köthe writes:

> because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> request
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php) we
> put together a version in german and english.
>
> You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf

Very nice.  It's almost exactly like what I had in mind.  The elephant in
the background is a bit too "colorful", it makes the text hard to read.
It should be "faded out" to some degree.

--

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Noèl Köthe writes:
>
> > because there is no flyer and there were no answer (afaik) to the latest
> > request
> > (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2003-09/msg00027.php) we
> > put together a version in german and english.
> >
> > You can find it here: https://www.credativ.com/pgflyer_v05.pdf
>
> Very nice.  It's almost exactly like what I had in mind.  The elephant in
> the background is a bit too "colorful", it makes the text hard to read.
> It should be "faded out" to some degree.

Is it just me, or is that 'blown up' elephant a bit grainy?  I know there
is a higher resolution one, since I know we've used it one posters blown
up like that for comdex and linuxworld ... am searching for it now ...

Date:
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> Is it just me, or is that 'blown up' elephant a bit grainy?  I know there
> is a higher resolution one, since I know we've used it one posters blown
> up like that for comdex and linuxworld ... am searching for it now ...

We've already found an EPS version and put that one in.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Noel,

Ah!  Downloaded it OK now.   It's great!

However, I feel that the English version could use some editing.  Is there any
way for you to send it to me in an editable format, like OpenOffice.org or
scribus?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Noel,

> Its written in Openoffice. Tomorrow I will send you the latest OOo
> version we gave to the printer and which we will distribute on Linux
> World Expo and coming european events.
>
> Will you use it on the coming event(s) in the US?

Yes, I'd like to use it at PHPCon West next week.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Is there going to be a central place for these flyers and such?  I'd love
to include them when we send out the PgStuff (mugs and whatnot) ... I
realize that these ppl are already into PgSQL, but it gives them something
to hand around to colleagues and such also ...

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Noel,
>
> > Its written in Openoffice. Tomorrow I will send you the latest OOo
> > version we gave to the printer and which we will distribute on Linux
> > World Expo and coming european events.
> >
> > Will you use it on the coming event(s) in the US?
>
> Yes, I'd like to use it at PHPCon West next week.
>
> --
> -Josh Berkus
>  Aglio Database Solutions
>  San Francisco

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer

From
Robert Treat
Date:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/download/tools/   ??

Robert Treat

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:02, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Is there going to be a central place for these flyers and such?  I'd love
> to include them when we send out the PgStuff (mugs and whatnot) ... I
> realize that these ppl are already into PgSQL, but it gives them something
> to hand around to colleagues and such also ...
>
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > Noel,
> >
> > > Its written in Openoffice. Tomorrow I will send you the latest OOo
> > > version we gave to the printer and which we will distribute on Linux
> > > World Expo and coming european events.
> > >
> > > Will you use it on the coming event(s) in the US?
> >
> > Yes, I'd like to use it at PHPCon West next week.
> >
> > --
> > -Josh Berkus
> >  Aglio Database Solutions
> >  San Francisco

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer

From
Noèl Köthe
Date:
Am Di, den 14.10.2003 schrieb Josh Berkus um 23:45:

Hello,

> Ah!  Downloaded it OK now.   It's great!

thx.

Date:
Am Do, den 16.10.2003 schrieb Marc G. Fournier um 21:02:
> Is there going to be a central place for these flyers and such?  I'd love
> to include them when we send out the PgStuff (mugs and whatnot) ... I
> realize that these ppl are already into PgSQL, but it gives them something
> to hand around to colleagues and such also ...

We (credativ GmbH in germany -> www.credativ.de) will print 2500 of
these flyers (one side english and the other side german).

As we are already doing it for the Debian flyer
(http://www.de.debian.org/events/material see "Flyers and Pamphlets") we
will take these flyers to the european events (like FOSDEM, Linuxtag,..)
and if there are events we are not but somebody else want to run a booth
or an info point or something else just write an email to Michael Meskes
<meskes@postgresql.org> and we will send it to you.
But it doesn't make sense to send it to oversea (shiping is to expensive
and needs to long). Maybe there will be such a central place in north
america, too?

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org

Attachment

Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer

From
Bruno LEVEQUE

Noèl Köthe wrote:
> Am Di, den 14.10.2003 schrieb Josh Berkus um 23:45:
>
> Hello,
>

>>Ah!  Downloaded it OK now.   It's great!
>

> thx.
>

>>However, I feel that the English version could use some editing.  Is there any
>>way for you to send it to me in an editable format, like OpenOffice.org or
>>scribus?
>

> Its written in Openoffice. Tomorrow I will send you the latest OOo
> version we gave to the printer and which we will distribute on Linux
> World Expo and coming european events.
>
> Will you use it on the coming event(s) in the US?

Just an info. Do you know there is the IFIP World Computer Congress
(WCC) in Toulouse (FRANCE) the Aug 22-27 2004 ?

Do you think doing something for this ?

Bruno

World Computer Congress [was: Re: first version of the PostgreSQL flyer]

From
Noèl Köthe
Date:

http://www.wcc2004.org/

> Do you think doing something for this ?

We didn't know this events until you mail it.
The question is if they offer a Open Source booth for PostgreSQL for
free. I will ask Peter Eisentraut and Michael Meskes if they want to do
a talk there but the topics http://www.wcc2004.org/1,3f02,dff7,26064.php
doesn't look like postgresql fits into it, but I may be wrong.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org

Attachment

Re: World Computer Congress [was: Re: first version

From
Bruno LEVEQUE

Noèl Köthe wrote:

>Am Fr, den 17.10.2003 schrieb Bruno LEVEQUE um 22:07:
>

>>>Its written in Openoffice. Tomorrow I will send you the latest OOo
>>>version we gave to the printer and which we will distribute on Linux
>>>World Expo and coming european events.
>>>

>>Just an info. Do you know there is the IFIP World Computer Congress
>>(WCC) in Toulouse (FRANCE) the Aug 22-27 2004 ?
>>

>http://www.wcc2004.org/
>

>>Do you think doing something for this ?
>>

>We didn't know this events until you mail it.
>The question is if they offer a Open Source booth for PostgreSQL for
>free. I will ask Peter Eisentraut and Michael Meskes if they want to do
>a talk there but the topics http://www.wcc2004.org/1,3f02,dff7,26064.php
>doesn't look like postgresql fits into it, but I may be wrong.

May be you are true. But ...
May be can I help you. If I well understand the responsable of this
congress, they want to show the "power" of local industry (and I am a
local industry ;-) ). So if you need my help and if I can help you, it
could be nice isn't it ? In other case, I am sorry :-(.

--
Bruno LEVEQUE
System Engineer