The Portal...

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
...has now had all references to the Jobs site removed (well, will have
after the next static build).

Regards, Dave

Re: The Portal...

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
Due to lack of time I have not done the admin tool yet
But It will be done today
Ewald

Dave Page schrieb:

>...has now had all references to the Jobs site removed (well, will have
>after the next static build).
>
>Regards, Dave

Re: The Portal...

From
"Dave Page"

Looking forward to it.

Regards, Dave.

Re: The Portal...

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi guys,

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility of having the new www portal
ready within the next few days?

Preferrably in time for the 7.3 press release?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> > Due to lack of time I have not done the admin tool yet
> > But It will be done today
> > Ewald
>
> Looking forward to it.
>
> Regards, Dave.

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: The Portal...

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
For my opinion the portal is ready
for me only the admin menu is missing behind

Mybe I'm wrong

Is there a todo list ?
Ewald

Justin Clift schrieb:
Hi guys,

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility of having the new www portal
ready within the next few days?

Preferrably in time for the 7.3 press release?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Due to lack of time I have not done the admin tool yet
But It will be done today
Ewald
Looking forward to it.

Regards, Dave.

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: The Portal...

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Ewald,

Not sure.  That's a question for Dave.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

> For my opinion the portal is ready
for me only the admin menu is missing behind

Mybe I'm wrong

Is there a todo list ?
Ewald

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: The Portal...

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Guys,

As far as I'm aware it's basically ready to go. The only issues I'm
aware of are:

1) The admin interface (non essential)
2) The PUGs are still dummies (they could be removed completely for now)
3) The news/events that are there at the moment are dummies.

It would need to be moved to www.postgresql.org (well, DNS/Apache
tweaking). Not sure how to stop the mirrors mirroring it though - but
would that be a bad thing? The content might only get updated daily, but
it shouldn't actually hurt anything...

Alternatively, just rename the server 'portal.postgresql.org' and do an
HTML redirect to it from www.postgresql.org/index.html.

Regards, Dave.

Re: The Portal...

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
Ok the admin is my task

I think the Links for the PUG'S can be removed.
Maybe there are in the future some messages about PUG's
should I do that?

The content about news and events ????
ewald

As far as I'm aware it's basically ready to go. The only issues I'm
aware of are:

1) The admin interface (non essential)
2) The PUGs are still dummies (they could be removed completely for now)
3) The news/events that are there at the moment are dummies.

It would need to be moved to www.postgresql.org (well, DNS/Apache
tweaking). Not sure how to stop the mirrors mirroring it though - but
would that be a bad thing? The content might only get updated daily, but
it shouldn't actually hurt anything...

Alternatively, just rename the server 'portal.postgresql.org' and do an
HTML redirect to it from www.postgresql.org/index.html.

Regards, Dave.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: The Portal...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Page wrote:

> As far as I'm aware it's basically ready to go. The only issues I'm
> aware of are:
>
> 1) The admin interface (non essential)
> 2) The PUGs are still dummies (they could be removed completely for now)
> 3) The news/events that are there at the moment are dummies.
>
> It would need to be moved to www.postgresql.org (well, DNS/Apache
> tweaking). Not sure how to stop the mirrors mirroring it though - but
> would that be a bad thing? The content might only get updated daily, but
> it shouldn't actually hurt anything...

The mirrors don't mirror it.  They mirror the main site.

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Re: The Portal...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

> Ok the admin is my task
>
> I think the Links for the PUG'S can be removed.
> Maybe there are in the future some messages about PUG's
> should I do that?
>
> The content about news and events ????

I have news and announcements.  Which do you want?   To see the
difference, the announcements are on the home page and the news
items are on the Latest News page.

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Re: The Portal...

From
"Dave Page"

Oh, is that www.ca.postgresql.org? www.postgresql.org is *only* the
mirror selector then I assume?

Regards, Dave.

Re: The Portal...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Page wrote:

Correct.  The portal is to replace the page full of flags.  The main
site (www.ca.postgresql.org) is what's mirrored.  (as is the archives
and ftp server, of course).

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Re: The Portal...

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
> As far as I'm aware it's basically ready to go. The only issues I'm
> aware of are:

Ok.

Reckon it's worth announcing it to the pgsql-general list as a trial run
before we announce it wider?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards, Dave.

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: The Portal...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Page wrote:
> <snip>
> > As far as I'm aware it's basically ready to go. The only issues I'm
> > aware of are:
>
> Ok.
>
> Reckon it's worth announcing it to the pgsql-general list as a trial run
> before we announce it wider?

Don't jump the gun, let's get news and/or announcements working or
everyone that looks will say the same thing - "What's with the news?"

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

Re: The Portal...

From
"Dave Page"

Possibly. We need to get some real news/events first though, but I don't
think we need everything that's there. I think the existing
news/announcements don't necessarily match the new idea of news/events,
so if we can pull the ones that are still relevant, and add them to the
database....

Any volunteers?

Regards, Dave.

Re: The Portal...