Re: The Portal... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: The Portal...
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Page wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent. I think it's pretty much down to Justin & Vince now then...
> >
> > Justin?  When did he become webmaster?
> >
> > How do I move it to www. ?  Will it have access to whatever database
> > you're using for it?
>
> Good point.
>
> You've got an account on the techdocs/jobs VM don't you?

Is techdocs still where it's always been?  If so, then yes.  If not,
then I'm not sure.

> It's probably a matter of copying the code over and ensuring the
> pg_hba.conf file on the db machine let's it in.
>
> Or would it be a better strategy to copy the pages for the www site to
> the techdoc/jobs VM and point the www address at that so that everyone
> can work on them if needed?

I looked into that once but it's too messy.  There are too many other
things tied together.  I haven't looked at it, but don't static pages
get created from the php code then visiters see just the static stuff?
If that's the case I can pull the static pages over hourly or whatever.

> Actually, that might be a real pain, depending on what else is
> configured to run on www.postgresql.org.

Exactly.   Imagine a headache.  Make that a migrane.  Combine it with
a bad hangover.  That would be a summer afternoon relaxing in a hammock
compared to trying to move things :)

> ?
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift