PostgreSQL Training

From
"Amy Young"
Date:
Hello, everyone.

I am VERY new, as in simply researching possibilities, to SQL Servers in
any shape or form.

However, I do have a question: on the PostgreSQL website (About Us >>
Advantages) it mentions:
"In addition to this our training programs are generally regarded as
being far more cost effective, manageable, and practical in the real
world than that of the leading proprietary database vendors.
"

Where's the training?  I can't find any other information about this
remarkable training on their website.  Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Cheers,

Amy Young
Sr. Revenue Analyst
Memphis, TN

Alter Column Position

From
"Derrick Betts"
Date:
I have a table with 10,000 rows.  We have an application that parses a *.csv
file and uploads the data to the database table.  The csv parser takes the
column numbers form the csv file and matches the column numbers to the field
positions in the DB table.

Now, I have to change the position of a column in the DB to match the csv
parser.  I have a column in position 28 that I need to move to position 7.

Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,
Derrick

Re: PostgreSQL Training

Amy Young wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I am VERY new, as in simply researching possibilities, to SQL Servers in
> any shape or form.
>
> However, I do have a question: on the PostgreSQL website (About Us >>
> Advantages) it mentions:
> "In addition to this our training programs are generally regarded as
> being far more cost effective, manageable, and practical in the real
> world than that of the leading proprietary database vendors.
> "
>
> Where's the training?  I can't find any other information about this
> remarkable training on their website.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction?

I think that is about the author of the web site, and is being removed.

Re: PostgreSQL Training

From
"Bryan Encina"
Date:
> I think that is about the author of the web site, and is
> being removed.

Since the last survey on postgresql.org had almost 80% of those surveyed
wanting a standard worldwide PostgreSQL training course (and over 50% being
strongly yes), are there any forseeable future plans for standard
certification/training?

Bryan

Re: PostgreSQL Training

Date:
Bryan Encina wrote:
> > I think that is about the author of the web site, and is
> > being removed.
> >
> > --
>
> Since the last survey on postgresql.org had almost 80% of those surveyed
> wanting a standard worldwide PostgreSQL training course (and over 50% being
> strongly yes), are there any forseeable future plans for standard
> certification/training?

No, we don't know how to certify it reliably as a community. I have
training in Atlanta and don't have a huge number of folks, so if they
want training, they don't want mine.  :-(

Re: PostgreSQL Training

From
Bret Busby