Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
We are putting out beta3 today or tomorrow.  It seems we are ready to
start considering an RC1 date, perhaps next Friday, November 1?

                              P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Required Changes
-------------------

Optional Changes
----------------
Fix Linux + Perl 5.8.1 + _GNU_SOURCE problem
Fix AIX + Large File + Flex problem

Documentation Changes
---------------------

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
> We are putting out beta3 today or tomorrow.  It seems we are ready to
> start considering an RC1 date, perhaps next Friday, November 1?

Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
"supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Tom Lane wrote:
> > We are putting out beta3 today or tomorrow.  It seems we are ready to
> > start considering an RC1 date, perhaps next Friday, November 1?
>
> Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
> "supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...

Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
>>Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
>>"supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...
> Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?

No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...
                  - Thomas

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
... and just out of curiosity, why does Bruce's message have a [HACKERS]
tag in the subject line but my reply does not? It seems to be going
through the same mailer but with different results...
                   - Thomas

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> ... and just out of curiosity, why does Bruce's message have a [HACKERS]
> tag in the subject line but my reply does not? It seems to be going
> through the same mailer but with different results...

Yes, I have noticed this happening at random times.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> >>Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
> >>"supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...
> > Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?
>
> No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
> mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
> that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...

OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
number please.

The current platform list is:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

Pennsylvania19073

Request for supported platforms

Date:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> >>Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
> >>"supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...
> > Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?
>
> No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
> mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
> that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...

[ Reposted with proper subject line.]

OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
number please.

The current platform list is:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> number please.

I've checked CVS tip on:HPUX 10.20, using both gcc and vendor's ccPPC LinuxMac OS X 10.1
        regards, tom lane

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> > Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> > number please.
>
> I've checked CVS tip on:
>     HPUX 10.20, using both gcc and vendor's cc
>     PPC Linux
>     Mac OS X 10.1

I get the following on Linux/Sparc, Debian 3.0:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic
-I../../../../../../src/include   -c -o ascii_and_mic.o
ascii_and_mic.c
ascii_and_mic.c:19: syntax error before `extern'
ascii_and_mic.c:21: syntax error before `extern'
make[3]: *** [ascii_and_mic.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

My gcc version:

doug@varsoon:~/src/pgsql$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-linux/2.95.4/specs
gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)

This is CVS tip as of about 11:30 EST Saturday.

Looking into it, we have in ascii_and_mic.c:

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(ascii_to_mic)
PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(mic_to_ascii)

Putting a semicolon after each such line fixes that compile, but there
are other files under conversion_procs with the same problem.  Is my
gcc not expanding the macro properly?

-Doug

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic
> -I../../../../../../src/include   -c -o ascii_and_mic.o
> ascii_and_mic.c
> ascii_and_mic.c:19: syntax error before `extern'
> ascii_and_mic.c:21: syntax error before `extern'

That should be fixed as of now.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
> > gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic
> > -I../../../../../../src/include   -c -o ascii_and_mic.o
> > ascii_and_mic.c
> > ascii_and_mic.c:19: syntax error before `extern'
> > ascii_and_mic.c:21: syntax error before `extern'
>
> That should be fixed as of now.

OK, compile went fine, but I get multiple regression test failures:

test geometry             ... FAILED
     select_views         ... FAILED
     foreign_key          ... FAILED
     limit                ... FAILED
     plpgsql              ... FAILED
     copy2                ... FAILED
     temp                 ... FAILED
     domain               ... FAILED
     rangefuncs           ... FAILED
     prepare              ... FAILED
     without_oid          ... FAILED
     conversion           ... FAILED
     truncate             ... FAILED
     alter_table          ... FAILED

I have attached a gzipped copy of "regression.diffs".  Let me know if
I can supply any other help.

-Doug

Attachment

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On 26 Oct 2002, Doug McNaught wrote:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
> > Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> > > make[3]: Entering directory `/home/doug/src/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
> > > gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic
> > > -I../../../../../../src/include   -c -o ascii_and_mic.o
> > > ascii_and_mic.c
> > > ascii_and_mic.c:19: syntax error before `extern'
> > > ascii_and_mic.c:21: syntax error before `extern'
> >
> > That should be fixed as of now.
>
> OK, compile went fine, but I get multiple regression test failures:
>
> test geometry             ... FAILED
>      select_views         ... FAILED
>      foreign_key          ... FAILED
>      limit                ... FAILED
>      plpgsql              ... FAILED
>      copy2                ... FAILED
>      temp                 ... FAILED
>      domain               ... FAILED
>      rangefuncs           ... FAILED
>      prepare              ... FAILED
>      without_oid          ... FAILED
>      conversion           ... FAILED
>      truncate             ... FAILED
>      alter_table          ... FAILED
>
> I have attached a gzipped copy of "regression.diffs".  Let me know if
> I can supply any other help.

The geometry one looked like rounding issues.

Did you run out of space on where the data directory was mounted?
At least some of the other errors were complaining about no space
left on device.

Date:
Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:

> OK, compile went fine, but I get multiple regression test failures:
>
> test geometry             ... FAILED

After realizing that my disk had filled up (thanks Alvaro) I reran the
tests and 'geometry' is the only failure.  I'm guessing this is due to
floating-point differences?  If this is OK, then

Linux/Sparc (Debian 3.0)

is a PASS.

-Doug

Re: Request for supported platforms

Updated:
 http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/supported-platforms.html

Doug McNaught wrote:
> Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
>
> > OK, compile went fine, but I get multiple regression test failures:
> >
> > test geometry             ... FAILED
>
> After realizing that my disk had filled up (thanks Alvaro) I reran the
> tests and 'geometry' is the only failure.  I'm guessing this is due to
> floating-point differences?  If this is OK, then
>
> Linux/Sparc (Debian 3.0)
>
> is a PASS.
>
> -Doug

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 04:01:17PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Updated:
>
>   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/supported-platforms.html

Linux 2.4 on IA32 passes also.

"La felicidad no es mañana. La felicidad es ahora"

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 04:01:17PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Updated:
> >
> >   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/supported-platforms.html
>
> Linux 2.4 on IA32 passes also.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "La felicidad no es ma?ana. La felicidad es ahora"

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We are putting out beta3 today or tomorrow.  It seems we are ready to
> start considering an RC1 date, perhaps next Friday, November 1?

tom is away for the week, so I wouldn't see anything earlier hten the week
following tha t...

>                                P O S T G R E S Q L
>
>                           7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S
>

> Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.
>
> Required Changes
> -------------------
>
> Optional Changes
> ----------------
> Fix Linux + Perl 5.8.1 + _GNU_SOURCE problem
> Fix AIX + Large File + Flex problem
>
> Documentation Changes
> ---------------------

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> >>Seems like someone ought to issue a call for port reports.  The
> >>"supported platforms" list hasn't been touched ...
> > Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?
>
> No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
> mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
> that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...

this should be fixed now tha I've removed the UCE controls ... as for
being out of town next week, so is Tom Lane, so I don't feel tha that is a
problem ...

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> ... and just out of curiosity, why does Bruce's message have a [HACKERS]
> tag in the subject line but my reply does not? It seems to be going
> through the same mailer but with different results...

*puzzled look*  both messages arrived here with the [HACKERS] headin gin
the subject ...

>                     - Thomas

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > We are putting out beta3 today or tomorrow.  It seems we are ready to
> > start considering an RC1 date, perhaps next Friday, November 1?
>
> tom is away for the week, so I wouldn't see anything earlier hten the week
> following tha t...

I talked to him about that and we both feel this week while he is away
will be pretty quiet and the only major thing left is making sure our
docs are ready and we have enough platform reports.

If we can go RC1 soon, we will keep beta to 2 months, which I think is
acceptable.

Tom returns Wednesday so let's see how we are this Thursday/Friday.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Time for RC1 soon?

Date:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> tom is away for the week, so I wouldn't see anything earlier hten the week
>> following tha t...

> I talked to him about that and we both feel this week while he is away
> will be pretty quiet and the only major thing left is making sure our
> docs are ready and we have enough platform reports.

Unless we see serious problem reports in the next week, I think RC1 on
Friday is reasonable.  (That assumes people get the platform tests
done, of course.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
On Saturday 26 October 2002 04:17, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> number please.
>
> The current platform list is:
>
>     http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

ianb > uname -a
IRIX64 Komma 6.5 07121148 IP27
ianb > gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.2

Building 7.3b3; failed on four tests:
abstime, tinterval, horology, join

The first three are I presume due to the change to winter time (CET)
earlier today (27.10), see
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?regress-evaluation.html#AEN18382 ;
the join failure is a row ordering difference.

Should it be of any use the regression.diffs file is here:
http://home.akademie.de/~IBarwick/IRIX_65_regression.diffs

Otherwise no apparent problems and the server started fine.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Ian Barwick wrote:
> On Saturday 26 October 2002 04:17, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> > Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> > number please.
> >
> > The current platform list is:
> >
> >     http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html
>
> ianb > uname -a
> IRIX64 Komma 6.5 07121148 IP27
> ianb > gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.2/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld
> Thread model: single
> gcc version 3.2
>
> Building 7.3b3; failed on four tests:
> abstime, tinterval, horology, join
>
> The first three are I presume due to the change to winter time (CET)
> earlier today (27.10), see
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?regress-evaluation.html#AEN18382 ;
> the join failure is a row ordering difference.
>
> Should it be of any use the regression.diffs file is here:
> http://home.akademie.de/~IBarwick/IRIX_65_regression.diffs
>
> Otherwise no apparent problems and the server started fine.
>

> Ian Barwick
> barwick@gmx.net

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Neil Conway
Date:
> Ports list updated:

Shouldn't the "join" regression test failure be fixed?

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
"Magnus Naeslund(f)"
Date:
On an rh6.2, "Linux gsX 2.4.19-pre6 #4 Thu Apr 11 07:17:39 CEST 2002
alpha unknown" (ev56 ruffian) i get this failure.

Should ./configure <options> && gmake && gmake check be the only things
i need to do?

============== creating database "regression"         ==============
/home/mag/d/postgresql/postgresql-7.3b3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/ins
tall//usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: error in loading shared
libraries:
/home/mag/d/postgresql/postgresql-7.3b3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/ins
tall//usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: undefined symbol:
pg_char_to_encoding
createdb: "SQL_ASCII" is not a valid encoding name
pg_regress: createdb failed
gmake[2]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mag/d/postgresql/postgresql-7.3b3/src/test/regress'
gmake[1]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mag/d/postgresql/postgresql-7.3b3/src/test'
gmake: *** [check] Error 2

Magnus

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Tara Piorkowski
Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruce Momjian  writes:
>
> >Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> >number please.
>

> I've checked CVS tip on:
>     HPUX 10.20, using both gcc and vendor's cc
>     PPC Linux
>     Mac OS X 10.1

Here's the regression.diffs file from Mac OS X 10.2.1 (Jaguar). It
failed geometry (rounding) and horology (not sure). gcc -v returns
"Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1161, based on gcc version 3.1
20020420 (prerelease)".

*** ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out      Mon Dec 11 11:45:16 2000
--- ./results/geometry.out      Sun Oct 27 21:27:11 2002
***************
*** 127,133 ****          | (-5,-12)   | [(10,-10),(-3,-4)]            |
(-1.60487804878049,-4.64390243902439)          | (10,10)    | [(10,-10),(-3,-4)]            |
(2.39024390243902,-6.48780487804878)          | (0,0)      | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(0.0028402365895872,15.384614860264)
!         | (-10,0)    | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-9.99715942258202,15.3864610140472)          | (-3,4)     | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-2.99789812267519,15.3851688427303)          | (5.1,34.5) | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(5.09647083221496,15.3836744976925)          | (-5,-12)   | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-4.99494420845634,15.3855375281616)
--- 127,133 ----          | (-5,-12)   | [(10,-10),(-3,-4)]            |
(-1.60487804878049,-4.64390243902439)          | (10,10)    | [(10,-10),(-3,-4)]            |
(2.39024390243902,-6.48780487804878)          | (0,0)      | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(0.0028402365895872,15.384614860264)
!         | (-10,0)    | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-9.99715942258202,15.3864610140473)          | (-3,4)     | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-2.99789812267519,15.3851688427303)          | (5.1,34.5) | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(5.09647083221496,15.3836744976925)          | (-5,-12)   | [(-1000000,200),(300000,-40)] |
(-4.99494420845634,15.3855375281616)

*** ./expected/horology.out     Wed Sep 18 17:35:25 2002
--- ./results/horology.out      Sun Oct 27 21:27:12 2002
***************
*** 537,549 ****  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'today' = (timestamp with time zone
'tomorrow' - interval '1 day')) as "True";   True  ------
!  t  (1 row)
  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' = (timestamp with time
zone 'yesterday' + interval '2 days')) as "True";   True  ------
!  t  (1 row)
  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' > 'now') as "True";
--- 537,549 ----  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'today' = (timestamp with time zone
'tomorrow' - interval '1 day')) as "True";   True  ------
!  f  (1 row)
  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' = (timestamp with time
zone 'yesterday' + interval '2 days')) as "True";   True  ------
!  f  (1 row)
  SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' > 'now') as "True";

Tara Piorkowski
System Administrator, vilaj.com, LLC
<http://www.vilaj.com/>

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
I thought the join was part of the timezone change, but I see now that
it is separate.  I will fix it by adding ORDER BY.

Neil Conway wrote:
> > Ports list updated:
>
> Shouldn't the "join" regression test failure be fixed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:17:22PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> number please.

Solaris 7, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 2.5 Gig, gcc 2.95.3; all tests
pass.  Solaris 8 forthcoming.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> > Ports list updated:
>
> Shouldn't the "join" regression test failure be fixed?

OK, I have updated the join regression test to add ORDER BY in the
queries Irix differed.  Ian, would you retest the CVS version of
PostgreSQL to see if all the regression tests pass now?

Date:
On Tuesday 29 October 2002 00:08, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Neil Conway wrote:
> > > Ports list updated:
> >
> > Shouldn't the "join" regression test failure be fixed?
>
> OK, I have updated the join regression test to add ORDER BY in the
> queries Irix differed.  Ian, would you retest the CVS version of
> PostgreSQL to see if all the regression tests pass now?

For confirmation: IIRC CVS now requires the latest Bison (1.75)?
(The Irix machine has 1.35).

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Date:
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:32:04PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Solaris 7, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 2.5 Gig, gcc 2.95.3; all tests
> pass.  Solaris 8 forthcoming.

I should have mentioned that this is for beta 3; I don't have the
necessary bison installed to compile from CVS.

Solaris 8, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 3G RAM, gcc 3.2 also passes.

The details I'll put in the regression database.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Sorry, Ian, here is the patch I applied.  You can apply this to whatever
version you are using and test Irix with that, rather than having to
grab CVS.

Neil Conway wrote:
> > Ports list updated:
>
> Shouldn't the "join" regression test failure be fixed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

? config.log
? GNUmakefile
? config.status
? autom4te.cache
? configure.lineno
? contrib/retep/build
? contrib/retep/jars
? src/log
? src/Makefile.custom
? src/Makefile.global
? src/backend/postgres
? src/backend/catalog/postgres.bki
? src/backend/catalog/postgres.description
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/conversion_create.sql
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic/libascii_and_mic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/cyrillic_and_mic/libcyrillic_and_mic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/euc_cn_and_mic/libeuc_cn_and_mic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/euc_jp_and_sjis/libeuc_jp_and_sjis.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/euc_kr_and_mic/libeuc_kr_and_mic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/euc_tw_and_big5/libeuc_tw_and_big5.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/latin2_and_win1250/liblatin2_and_win1250.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/latin_and_mic/liblatin_and_mic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_ascii/libutf8_and_ascii.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_big5/libutf8_and_big5.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_cyrillic/libutf8_and_cyrillic.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_cn/libutf8_and_euc_cn.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_jp/libutf8_and_euc_jp.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_kr/libutf8_and_euc_kr.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_tw/libutf8_and_euc_tw.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_gb18030/libutf8_and_gb18030.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_gbk/libutf8_and_gbk.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_iso8859/libutf8_and_iso8859.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_iso8859_1/libutf8_and_iso8859_1.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_johab/libutf8_and_johab.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_sjis/libutf8_and_sjis.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_tcvn/libutf8_and_tcvn.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_uhc/libutf8_and_uhc.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_win1250/libutf8_and_win1250.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_win1256/libutf8_and_win1256.so.0.0
? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_win874/libutf8_and_win874.so.0.0
? src/bin/initdb/initdb
? src/bin/initlocation/initlocation
? src/bin/ipcclean/ipcclean
? src/bin/pg_config/pg_config
? src/bin/pg_controldata/pg_controldata
? src/bin/pg_ctl/pg_ctl
? src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump
? src/bin/pg_dump/pg_restore
? src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall
? src/bin/pg_encoding/pg_encoding
? src/bin/pg_id/pg_id
? src/bin/pg_resetxlog/pg_resetxlog
? src/bin/psql/psql
? src/bin/psql/i
? src/bin/scripts/createlang
? src/include/pg_config.h
? src/include/stamp-h
? src/interfaces/ecpg/lib/libecpg.so.3.4.0
? src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/ecpg
? src/interfaces/jdbc/build
? src/interfaces/jdbc/jars
? src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so.2.2
? src/pl/plpgsql/src/libplpgsql.so.1.0
? src/test/regress/pg_regress
? src/test/regress/results
? src/test/regress/regression.out
? src/test/regress/regression.diffs
? src/test/regress/expected/copy.out
? src/test/regress/expected/create_function_1.out
? src/test/regress/expected/create_function_2.out
? src/test/regress/expected/misc.out
? src/test/regress/expected/constraints.out
? src/test/regress/sql/copy.sql
? src/test/regress/sql/create_function_1.sql
? src/test/regress/sql/create_function_2.sql
? src/test/regress/sql/misc.sql
? src/test/regress/sql/constraints.sql
Index: src/test/regress/expected/join.out
RCS file: /cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/test/regress/expected/join.out,v
retrieving revision 1.11
retrieving revision 1.12
diff -c -c -r1.11 -r1.12
*** src/test/regress/expected/join.out    28 Apr 2002 19:54:29 -0000    1.11
--- src/test/regress/expected/join.out    28 Oct 2002 22:54:45 -0000    1.12
***************
*** 1717,1723 ****
  -- Note that OUTER is a noise word
  --
  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
  -- Note that OUTER is a noise word
  --
  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
***************
*** 1736,1742 ****
  (13 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
--- 1737,1744 ----
  (13 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
***************
*** 1785,1791 ****
  (9 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
--- 1787,1794 ----
  (9 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
***************
*** 1799,1812 ****
       | 6 | 6 | six   |
       | 7 | 7 | seven |
       | 8 | 8 | eight |
       |   |   | null  |
       |   | 0 | zero  |
       |   |   |       |
-      |   |   |       |  0
  (15 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
--- 1802,1816 ----
       | 6 | 6 | six   |
       | 7 | 7 | seven |
       | 8 | 8 | eight |
+      |   |   |       |  0
       |   |   | null  |
       |   | 0 | zero  |
       |   |   |       |
  (15 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;
   xxx | i | j |   t   | k
  -----+---+---+-------+----
       | 0 |   | zero  |
***************
*** 1820,1829 ****
       | 6 | 6 | six   |
       | 7 | 7 | seven |
       | 8 | 8 | eight |
       |   |   | null  |
       |   | 0 | zero  |
       |   |   |       |
-      |   |   |       |  0
  (15 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
--- 1824,1833 ----
       | 6 | 6 | six   |
       | 7 | 7 | seven |
       | 8 | 8 | eight |
+      |   |   |       |  0
       |   |   | null  |
       |   | 0 | zero  |
       |   |   |       |
  (15 rows)

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
Index: src/test/regress/sql/join.sql
RCS file: /cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/test/regress/sql/join.sql,v
retrieving revision 1.9
retrieving revision 1.10
diff -c -c -r1.9 -r1.10
*** src/test/regress/sql/join.sql    28 Apr 2002 19:54:29 -0000    1.9
--- src/test/regress/sql/join.sql    28 Oct 2002 22:54:45 -0000    1.10
***************
*** 166,175 ****
  --

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
    FROM J1_TBL RIGHT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
--- 166,177 ----
  --

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
    FROM J1_TBL RIGHT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);
***************
*** 178,187 ****
    FROM J1_TBL RIGHT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
    FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i) WHERE (k = 1);
--- 180,191 ----
    FROM J1_TBL RIGHT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i);

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
!   FROM J1_TBL FULL JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
!   ORDER BY i;

  SELECT '' AS "xxx", *
    FROM J1_TBL LEFT JOIN J2_TBL USING (i) WHERE (k = 1);

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:17:22PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> > Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> > number please.
>
> Solaris 7, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 2.5 Gig, gcc 2.95.3; all tests
> pass.  Solaris 8 forthcoming.

> ----
> Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
> Liberty RMS                           Toronto, Ontario Canada
> <andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8
>                                          +1 416 646 3304 x110

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:32:04PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > Solaris 7, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 2.5 Gig, gcc 2.95.3; all tests
> > pass.  Solaris 8 forthcoming.
>
> I should have mentioned that this is for beta 3; I don't have the
> necessary bison installed to compile from CVS.
>
> Solaris 8, 2xUltraSPARC-II 400 MHz, 3G RAM, gcc 3.2 also passes.
>
> The details I'll put in the regression database.

> ----
> Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
> Liberty RMS                           Toronto, Ontario Canada
> <andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8
>                                          +1 416 646 3304 x110

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Strange.  I just got report from another OSX 10.2.1 user saying
regression tests passed:
 10.2.1, Adam Witney  (awitney@sghms.ac.uk>

The proper value seems to be:
15.3864610140472

or
15.3864610140473

in ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out.  Which is it, folks?

Tara Piorkowski wrote:
> [...]
>     True
>    ------
> !  t
>    (1 row)
>
>    SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' > 'now') as "True";
> --- 537,549 ----
>    SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'today' = (timestamp with time zone
> 'tomorrow' - interval '1 day')) as "True";
>     True
>    ------
> !  f
>    (1 row)
>
>    SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' = (timestamp with time
> zone 'yesterday' + interval '2 days')) as "True";
>     True
>    ------
> !  f
>    (1 row)
>
>    SELECT (timestamp with time zone 'tomorrow' > 'now') as "True";

Date:
Linux alpha.

An Redhat 6.2, "Linux gsX 2.4.19-pre6 #4 Thu Apr 11 07:17:39 CEST 2002
alpha unknown" (ev56 ruffian).

gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-7.3b3 \ --with-maxbackends=512 \ --with-tcl             \ --without-tk
\ --with-perl            \ --with-openssl         \ --enable-odbc          \ --with-CXX

The box passes every tests except Horology.
It's wintertime here aswell, as i read in some other report.

It installs and runs nicely.

Magnus

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Date:
> Strange.  I just got report from another OSX 10.2.1 user saying
> regression tests passed:
>      10.2.1, Adam Witney  (awitney@sghms.ac.uk>
> The proper value seems to be:
>     15.3864610140472
> or
>     15.3864610140473
> in ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out.  Which is it, folks?

The existing geometry file is exactly correct on my laptop (Powerbook
G3 using OSX 10.1).  I am not sure whether the differences some users
have reported are due to hardware or OS version differences.  We need
to figure that out and refine the resultmap, not just change the
existing file.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Robert Treat
Date:
I noticed that the supported platforms listed 7.2 for linux alpha but
with yesterdays date. I figured it was just a typo, but thought I would
try to compile myself just to be sure, but I received 4 failures:
horology,geometry,opr_sanity, and misc

This is on alpha running debian 3 linux
uname -a = Linux usf-cf-alpha-linux-1 2.2.20 #2 Wed Mar 20 19:57:28 EST
2002 alpha unknown

regression output can be seen at:
http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.diffs
http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.out

my alpha history is spotty at best, perhaps someone else can help me
interpret things.

Robert Treat

Date:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I noticed that the supported platforms listed 7.2 for linux alpha but
> with yesterdays date. I figured it was just a typo, but thought I
> would try to compile myself just to be sure, but I received 4
> failures: horology,geometry,opr_sanity, and misc
>
> This is on alpha running debian 3 linux
> uname -a = Linux usf-cf-alpha-linux-1 2.2.20 #2 Wed Mar 20 19:57:28
> EST 2002 alpha unknown
>
> regression output can be seen at:
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.diffs
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.out
>
> my alpha history is spotty at best, perhaps someone else can help me
> interpret things.
>
> Robert Treat

I think on Linux Alpha and Sparc alot has to do with the gcc compiler
version.
My system is handupgraded from Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.x to be using a
much newer kernel (2.4.X-aaX).
But it's been working flawlessly with almost any kernel from 2.2 up to
where i am now, using postgresql from the 6.x days.

What compiler version are you using?
Is this Debian release a stable branch?

Magnus

Date:
On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:16, Magnus Naeslund(f) wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > I noticed that the supported platforms listed 7.2 for linux alpha but
> > with yesterdays date. I figured it was just a typo, but thought I
> > would try to compile myself just to be sure, but I received 4
> > failures: horology,geometry,opr_sanity, and misc
> >
> > This is on alpha running debian 3 linux
> > uname -a = Linux usf-cf-alpha-linux-1 2.2.20 #2 Wed Mar 20 19:57:28
> > EST 2002 alpha unknown
> >
> > regression output can be seen at:
> > http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.diffs
> > http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.out
> >
> > my alpha history is spotty at best, perhaps someone else can help me
> > interpret things.
> >
> > Robert Treat
>
> I think on Linux Alpha and Sparc alot has to do with the gcc compiler
> version.
> My system is handupgraded from Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.x to be using a
> much newer kernel (2.4.X-aaX).
> But it's been working flawlessly with almost any kernel from 2.2 up to
> where i am now, using postgresql from the 6.x days.
>
> What compiler version are you using?

xzilla@usf-cf-alpha-linux-1:~/postgresql-7.3b3/src/test$ gcc --version
2.95.4

> Is this Debian release a stable branch?

hmm... I'm not an admin on the box, this is one of the boxes from the
sourceforge compile farm. /proc/version reports this as Debian
prerelease, and kernel version reports 2.2.20.

Robert Treat

Date:
On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:56, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Sorry, Ian, here is the patch I applied.  You can apply this to whatever
> version you are using and test Irix with that, rather than having to
> grab CVS.

OK, I have carried out make check with the updated tests but
got FAILED on the same four tests (abstime, tinterval, horology, join).

The failures are subtly different (see here for new regression diff):

http://home.akademie.de/~IBarwick/IRIX_65_1.regression.diffs

Having looked at them again I see the following:
- in horology the timestamp tests seem to have succeeded (presumably the previous failures were triggered by the change
towinter time);
- the tests which are still failing in abstime, tinterval and horology all refer to dates before 1970, where AFAICS
theyare all out by one hour; possibly this explanation?:

"Some systems using older time zone libraries fail to apply daylight-saving
corrections to dates before 1970, causing pre-1970 PDT times to be displayed
in PST instead. This will result in localized differences in the test
results."
 (cf. http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?regress-evaluation.html );

- the join tests are failing slightly differently; I would suggest that this is because the ORDER BY is still not
explicitenough, and for what ever reason under IRIX the undefined result row orderings are in a different order to
everyother platform...
 e.g. with this statement:

SELECT '' AS "xxx", J1_TBL.i, j, t, k FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i) ORDER BY i;
xxx | i | j |   t   | k
-----+---+---+-------+----    | 0 |   | zero  |       | 1 | 4 | one   | -1    | 2 | 3 | two   |  2    | 2 | 3 | two   |
4    | 3 | 2 | three | -3    | 4 | 1 | four  |       | 5 | 0 | five  | -5    | 5 | 0 | five  | -5    | 6 | 6 | six   |
    | 7 | 7 | seven |       | 8 | 8 | eight |       |   | 0 | zero  |       |   |   | null  |
(13 rows)
 the order of the last two rows is not defined. The expected order according to the regression tests is:
    |   |   | null  |    |   | 0 | zero  |

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Tara Piorkowski
Date:
Bruce,

Not sure. I know Tom Lane ran a check on 10.1.x and didn't have any
errors, so I figured the differences I saw reflected changes made by
Apple between 10.1.x and 10.2.x. Then, I was surprised when I saw Adam's
report, so I thought perhaps he was running on a PPC G3 and there were
differences between G3 and G4 floating point handling (I had run the
original regression tests on a PowerBook G4/400 MHz). So, I ran the same
exact scenario on my aging iMac (G3/266 Mhz). Those results corroborated
my original test (geometry failed; horology cleared up, though, as
expected). So, something is different between Adam's system and the two
I have easy access to. I have confirmed that both my systems are running
10.2.1. Similarly, the tests were both run on 7.3b3 from the full
tarball on ftp.us.postgresql.org. The new iMac G3 regression.diffs
output is immediately below. Regardless, it would appear that Mac OS X
10.2.x is well supported.

Tara

*** ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out      Mon Dec 11 11:45:16 2000
--- ./results/geometry.out      Tue Oct 29 07:59:59 2002
***************

--
Tara Piorkowski
System Administrator, vilaj.com, LLC
<http://www.vilaj.com/>

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Adam Witney
Date:
On 29/10/02 1:50 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Strange.  I just got report from another OSX 10.2.1 user saying
>> regression tests passed:
>> 10.2.1, Adam Witney  (awitney@sghms.ac.uk>
>> The proper value seems to be:
>> 15.3864610140472
>> or
>> 15.3864610140473
>> in ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out.  Which is it, folks?
>
> The existing geometry file is exactly correct on my laptop (Powerbook
> G3 using OSX 10.1).  I am not sure whether the differences some users
> have reported are due to hardware or OS version differences.  We need
> to figure that out and refine the resultmap, not just change the
> existing file.

I don't have a lot of experience with this stuff, but let me know what to
try and I will try it. (Using a Powerbook G4 OSX 10.2.1)

Cheers

adam

believed to be clean.

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
I have reviewed your diff and found that it was either timezone changes
or join.sql which I have recently fixed.  Can you grab current CVS
snapshot and try again?

Ian Barwick wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:56, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Sorry, Ian, here is the patch I applied.  You can apply this to whatever
> > version you are using and test Irix with that, rather than having to
> > grab CVS.
>
> OK, I have carried out make check with the updated tests but
> got FAILED on the same four tests (abstime, tinterval, horology, join).
>
> The failures are subtly different (see here for new regression diff):
>
> http://home.akademie.de/~IBarwick/IRIX_65_1.regression.diffs
>
> Having looked at them again I see the following:
> - in horology the timestamp tests seem to have succeeded (presumably
>   the previous failures were triggered by the change to winter time);
> - the tests which are still failing in abstime, tinterval and horology
>   all refer to dates before 1970, where AFAICS they are all out by one hour;
>   possibly this explanation?:
>
> "Some systems using older time zone libraries fail to apply daylight-saving
> corrections to dates before 1970, causing pre-1970 PDT times to be displayed
> in PST instead. This will result in localized differences in the test
> results."
>
>   (cf. http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?regress-evaluation.html );
>
> - the join tests are failing slightly differently; I would suggest that
>   this is because the ORDER BY is still not explicit enough, and for what
>   ever reason under IRIX the undefined result row orderings are in a different
>   order to every other platform...
>
>   e.g. with this statement:
>
> SELECT '' AS "xxx", J1_TBL.i, j, t, k
>   FROM J1_TBL LEFT OUTER JOIN J2_TBL USING (i)
>   ORDER BY i;
>
>  xxx | i | j |   t   | k
> -----+---+---+-------+----
>      | 0 |   | zero  |
>      | 1 | 4 | one   | -1
>      | 2 | 3 | two   |  2
>      | 2 | 3 | two   |  4
>      | 3 | 2 | three | -3
>      | 4 | 1 | four  |
>      | 5 | 0 | five  | -5
>      | 5 | 0 | five  | -5
>      | 6 | 6 | six   |
>      | 7 | 7 | seven |
>      | 8 | 8 | eight |
>      |   | 0 | zero  |
>      |   |   | null  |
> (13 rows)
>
>   the order of the last two rows is not defined. The expected order
>   according to the regression tests is:
>
>      |   |   | null  |
>      |   | 0 | zero  |
>

> Ian Barwick
> barwick@gmx.net

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Alessio Bragadini
Date:
> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> number please.

DOESN'T WORK on Digital Unix/Tru64 4.0g, with both cc or gcc compiler.

Using Compaq C V6.4-216 (dtk) on Digital UNIX V4.0G (Rev. 1530)
Compiler Driver V6.4-013 (dtk) cc Driver:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.3b3/src/backend/main'
cc -std -O4 -Olimit 2000 -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include  -c
-o main.o main.c
cc: Error: main.c, line 83: In this statement, "errno" is not declared.
(undeclared)               fprintf(stderr, gettext("%s: setsysinfo failed: %s\n"),
argv[0], strerror(errno));
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1

same with GCC 2.95.1.

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.3b3-gcc/src/backend/main'
gcc  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include  -c -o main.o main.c

main.c: In function `main':
main.c:83: `errno' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1

So, errno function is undefined.

This is quite strange, because that section hasn't been changed in the
last few months. It's activated from two different #if: one is
#if defined(__alpha)
other is
#if defined(NOFIXADE) || defined(NOPRINTADE)
Maybe is the setting of NOFIXADE or NOPRINTADE to be changed upstream?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Alessio Bragadini <alessio@albourne.com> writes:
>> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
>> number please.

> DOESN'T WORK on Digital Unix/Tru64 4.0g, with both cc or gcc compiler.

Evidently main.c needs "#include <errno.h>" added.  Please add that and
see if you get any further.  There might be other files with the same
problem?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Sean Chittenden
Date:
> > > Good point.  Thomas, can you take that on?
> >
> > No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
> > mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
> > that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...
>
> [ Reposted with proper subject line.]
>
> OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> number please.
>
> The current platform list is:
>
>     http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

$ uname -a

FreeBSD avienda.nxad.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Mon Oct 28 18:20:14 PST 2002
root@avienda.nxad.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELLAPTOP i386

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021009 (prerelease)

Looks like the only problem on beta3 is that the geometry bits are
failing, but I'm not 100% if they haven't already been solved.  -sc

*** ./expected/geometry-positive-zeros-bsd.out    Tue Sep 12 14:07:16 2000
--- ./results/geometry.out    Thu Oct 31 23:53:31 2002
***************
*** 114,120 ****         | (5.1,34.5) | [(1,2),(3,4)]                 | (3,4)         | (-5,-12)   | [(1,2),(3,4)]
          | (1,2)         | (10,10)    | [(1,2),(3,4)]                 | (3,4)

!         | (0,0)      | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 | (0,0)         | (-10,0)    | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 |
(0,0)        | (-3,4)     | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 | (0.5,0.5)         | (5.1,34.5) | [(0,0),(6,6)]
  | (6,6)

--- 114,120 ----         | (5.1,34.5) | [(1,2),(3,4)]                 | (3,4)         | (-5,-12)   | [(1,2),(3,4)]
          | (1,2)         | (10,10)    | [(1,2),(3,4)]                 | (3,4)

!         | (0,0)      | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 | (-0,0)         | (-10,0)    | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 |
(0,0)        | (-3,4)     | [(0,0),(6,6)]                 | (0.5,0.5)         | (5.1,34.5) | [(0,0),(6,6)]
  | (6,6)

***************
*** 224,233 ****  twentyfour |          rotation            ------------+-----------------------------             |
(0,0),(0,0)
!             | (0,0),(-20,-20)
!             | (0,2),(-14,0)             | (0,79.2),(-58.8,0)
!             | (14,0),(0,-34)             | (0,40),(0,0)             | (0,0),(0,0)             | (-10,-10),(-30,-30)
--- 224,233 ----  twentyfour |          rotation            ------------+-----------------------------             |
(0,0),(0,0)
!             | (-0,0),(-20,-20)
!             | (-0,2),(-14,0)             | (0,79.2),(-58.8,0)
!             | (14,-0),(0,-34)             | (0,40),(0,0)             | (0,0),(0,0)             | (-10,-10),(-30,-30)
***************
*** 254,264 ****    WHERE (p.f1 <-> point '(0,0)') >= 1;  twenty |                                     rotation

--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!         | (0,0),(-0.2,-0.2)         | (-0.1,-0.1),(-0.3,-0.3)         | (-0.25,-0.25),(-0.25,-0.35)         |
(-0.3,-0.3),(-0.3,-0.3)
!         | (0.08,0),(0,-0.56)         | (0.12,-0.28),(0.04,-0.84)         | (0.26,-0.7),(0.1,-0.82)         |
(0.12,-0.84),(0.12,-0.84)
--- 254,264 ----    WHERE (p.f1 <-> point '(0,0)') >= 1;  twenty |                                     rotation

--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!         | (0,-0),(-0.2,-0.2)         | (-0.1,-0.1),(-0.3,-0.3)         | (-0.25,-0.25),(-0.25,-0.35)         |
(-0.3,-0.3),(-0.3,-0.3)
!         | (0.08,-0),(0,-0.56)         | (0.12,-0.28),(0.04,-0.84)         | (0.26,-0.7),(0.1,-0.82)         |
(0.12,-0.84),(0.12,-0.84)
***************
*** 266,272 ****         | (0.0976764836465887,-0.0241724631246608),(0.0325588278821962,-0.0725173893739825)         |
(0.109762715208919,-0.0562379754328844),(0.0813970697054906,-0.0604311578116521)        |
(0.0976764836465887,-0.0725173893739825),(0.0976764836465887,-0.0725173893739825)
!         | (0,0.0828402366863905),(-0.201183431952663,0)         |
(-0.100591715976331,0.124260355029586),(-0.301775147928994,0.0414201183431953)        |
(-0.251479289940828,0.103550295857988),(-0.322485207100592,0.0739644970414201)        |
(-0.301775147928994,0.124260355029586),(-0.301775147928994,0.124260355029586)

Date:
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 18:53, Tom Lane wrote:

> Evidently main.c needs "#include <errno.h>" added.

I wonder what have changed since Beta2 that compiled fine...

> Please add that and see if you get any further.

Done, and now it builds (I've limited the test to native cc compiler for
now). But it doesn't pass two regression tests, float8 and alter_table.

The diffs seem to me non-trivial, I've attached the results.

Any idea?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com
Nicosia, Cyprus             phone: +357-22-755750

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925
*** ./expected/float8-fp-exception.out    Thu Mar 30 10:46:00 2000
--- ./results/float8.out    Fri Nov  1 10:16:14 2002
***************
*** 149,161 ****
        | 1.2345678901234e-200 |                    0
  (5 rows)

  SELECT sqrt(float8 '64') AS eight;
   eight
  -------
       8
  (1 row)

- -- square root
  SELECT |/ float8 '64' AS eight;
   eight
  -------
--- 149,194 ----
        | 1.2345678901234e-200 |                    0
  (5 rows)

+ -- ceil
+ select ceil(f1) as ceil_f1 from float8_tbl f;
+        ceil_f1
+ ----------------------
+                     0
+                  1005
+                   -34
+  1.2345678901234e+200
+                     1
+ (5 rows)
+
+ -- floor
+ select floor(f1) as floor_f1 from float8_tbl f;
+        floor_f1
+ ----------------------
+                     0
+                  1004
+                   -35
+  1.2345678901234e+200
+                     0
+ (5 rows)
+
+ -- sign
+ select sign(f1) as sign_f1 from float8_tbl f;
+  sign_f1
+ ---------
+        0
+        1
+       -1
+        1
+        1
+ (5 rows)
+
+ -- square root
  SELECT sqrt(float8 '64') AS eight;
   eight
  -------
       8
  (1 row)

  SELECT |/ float8 '64' AS eight;
   eight
  -------

*** ./expected/alter_table.out    Sat Oct 19 04:35:43 2002
--- ./results/alter_table.out    Fri Nov  1 10:17:19 2002
***************
*** 940,1168 ****
  alter table atacc1 drop d;
  alter table atacc1 drop b;
  select * from atacc1;
!
! --
! (1 row)
!
! drop table atacc1;
! -- test inheritance
! create table parent (a int, b int, c int);
! insert into parent values (1, 2, 3);
! alter table parent drop a;
! create table child (d varchar(255)) inherits (parent);
! insert into child values (12, 13, 'testing');
! select * from parent;
!  b  | c
! ----+----
!   2 |  3
!  12 | 13
! (2 rows)
!
! select * from child;
!  b  | c  |    d
! ----+----+---------
!  12 | 13 | testing
! (1 row)
!
! alter table parent drop c;
! select * from parent;
!  b
! ----
!   2
!  12
! (2 rows)
!
! select * from child;
!  b  |    d
! ----+---------
!  12 | testing
! (1 row)
!
! drop table child;
! drop table parent;
! -- test copy in/out
! create table test (a int4, b int4, c int4);
! insert into test values (1,2,3);
! alter table test drop a;
! copy test to stdout;
! 2    3
! copy test(a) to stdout;
! ERROR:  Relation "test" has no column "a"
! copy test("........pg.dropped.1........") to stdout;
! ERROR:  Relation "test" has no column "........pg.dropped.1........"
! copy test from stdin;
! ERROR:  copy: line 1, Extra data after last expected column
! lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
! SET autocommit TO 'on';
! select * from test;
!  b | c
! ---+---
!  2 | 3
! (1 row)
!
! copy test from stdin;
! select * from test;
!  b  | c
! ----+----
!   2 |  3
!  21 | 22
! (2 rows)
!
! copy test(a) from stdin;
! ERROR:  Relation "test" has no column "a"
! copy test("........pg.dropped.1........") from stdin;
! ERROR:  Relation "test" has no column "........pg.dropped.1........"
! copy test(b,c) from stdin;
! select * from test;
!  b  | c
! ----+----
!   2 |  3
!  21 | 22
!  31 | 32
! (3 rows)
!
! drop table test;
! -- test inheritance
! create table dropColumn (a int, b int, e int);
! create table dropColumnChild (c int) inherits (dropColumn);
! create table dropColumnAnother (d int) inherits (dropColumnChild);
! -- these two should fail
! alter table dropColumnchild drop column a;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "a"
! alter table only dropColumnChild drop column b;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "b"
! -- these three should work
! alter table only dropColumn drop column e;
! alter table dropColumnChild drop column c;
! alter table dropColumn drop column a;
! create table renameColumn (a int);
! create table renameColumnChild (b int) inherits (renameColumn);
! create table renameColumnAnother (c int) inherits (renameColumnChild);
! -- these three should fail
! alter table renameColumnChild rename column a to d;
! ERROR:  renameatt: inherited attribute "a" may not be renamed
! alter table only renameColumnChild rename column a to d;
! ERROR:  Inherited attribute "a" must be renamed in child tables too
! alter table only renameColumn rename column a to d;
! ERROR:  Inherited attribute "a" must be renamed in child tables too
! -- these should work
! alter table renameColumn rename column a to d;
! alter table renameColumnChild rename column b to a;
! -- this should work
! alter table renameColumn add column w int;
! -- this should fail
! alter table only renameColumn add column x int;
! ERROR:  Attribute must be added to child tables too
! -- Test corner cases in dropping of inherited columns
! create table p1 (f1 int, f2 int);
! create table c1 (f1 int not null) inherits(p1);
! NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE: merging attribute "f1" with inherited definition
! -- should be rejected since c1.f1 is inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "f1"
! -- should work
! alter table p1 drop column f1;
! -- c1.f1 is still there, but no longer inherited
! select f1 from c1;
!  f1
! ----
! (0 rows)
!
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! select f1 from c1;
! ERROR:  Attribute "f1" not found
! drop table p1 cascade;
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table c1
! create table p1 (f1 int, f2 int);
! create table c1 () inherits(p1);
! -- should be rejected since c1.f1 is inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "f1"
! alter table p1 drop column f1;
! -- c1.f1 is dropped now, since there is no local definition for it
! select f1 from c1;
! ERROR:  Attribute "f1" not found
! drop table p1 cascade;
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table c1
! create table p1 (f1 int, f2 int);
! create table c1 () inherits(p1);
! -- should be rejected since c1.f1 is inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "f1"
! alter table only p1 drop column f1;
! -- c1.f1 is NOT dropped, but must now be considered non-inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! drop table p1 cascade;
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table c1
! create table p1 (f1 int, f2 int);
! create table c1 (f1 int not null) inherits(p1);
! NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE: merging attribute "f1" with inherited definition
! -- should be rejected since c1.f1 is inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "f1"
! alter table only p1 drop column f1;
! -- c1.f1 is still there, but no longer inherited
! alter table c1 drop column f1;
! drop table p1 cascade;
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table c1
! create table p1(id int, name text);
! create table p2(id2 int, name text, height int);
! create table c1(age int) inherits(p1,p2);
! NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE: merging multiple inherited definitions of attribute "name"
! create table gc1() inherits (c1);
! select relname, attname, attinhcount, attislocal
! from pg_class join pg_attribute on (pg_class.oid = pg_attribute.attrelid)
! where relname in ('p1','p2','c1','gc1') and attnum > 0 and not attisdropped
! order by relname, attnum;
!  relname | attname | attinhcount | attislocal
! ---------+---------+-------------+------------
!  c1      | id      |           1 | f
!  c1      | name    |           2 | f
!  c1      | id2     |           1 | f
!  c1      | height  |           1 | f
!  c1      | age     |           0 | t
!  gc1     | id      |           1 | f
!  gc1     | name    |           1 | f
!  gc1     | id2     |           1 | f
!  gc1     | height  |           1 | f
!  gc1     | age     |           1 | f
!  p1      | id      |           0 | t
!  p1      | name    |           0 | t
!  p2      | id2     |           0 | t
!  p2      | name    |           0 | t
!  p2      | height  |           0 | t
! (15 rows)
!
! -- should work
! alter table only p1 drop column name;
! -- should work. Now c1.name is local and inhcount is 0.
! alter table p2 drop column name;
! -- should be rejected since its inherited
! alter table gc1 drop column name;
! ERROR:  ALTER TABLE: Cannot drop inherited column "name"
! -- should work, and drop gc1.name along
! alter table c1 drop column name;
! -- should fail: column does not exist
! alter table gc1 drop column name;
! ERROR:  Relation "gc1" has no column "name"
! -- should work and drop the attribute in all tables
! alter table p2 drop column height;
! select relname, attname, attinhcount, attislocal
! from pg_class join pg_attribute on (pg_class.oid = pg_attribute.attrelid)
! where relname in ('p1','p2','c1','gc1') and attnum > 0 and not attisdropped
! order by relname, attnum;
!  relname | attname | attinhcount | attislocal
! ---------+---------+-------------+------------
!  c1      | id      |           1 | f
!  c1      | id2     |           1 | f
!  c1      | age     |           0 | t
!  gc1     | id      |           1 | f
!  gc1     | id2     |           1 | f
!  gc1     | age     |           1 | f
!  p1      | id      |           0 | t
!  p2      | id2     |           0 | t
! (8 rows)
!
! drop table p1, p2 cascade;
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table c1
! NOTICE:  Drop cascades to table gc1
--- 940,943 ----
  alter table atacc1 drop d;
  alter table atacc1 drop b;
  select * from atacc1;
! calloc: Invalid argument

Re: Request for supported platforms

From
Larry Rosenman
Date:
On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 01:57, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > > No, at least not now. I'm not able to communicate reliably with the
> > > mailing lists, and so can not coordinate anything :( Not sure when or if
> > > that will be resolved, but I'll be out of town next week so...
> >
> > [ Reposted with proper subject line.]
> >
> > OK, Tom will be away next week, and Thomas will too. I can do it.
> > Folks. start sending in those plaform reports, OS name and version
> > number please.
> >
> > The current platform list is:
> >
> >     http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html
>
> $ uname -a
>
> FreeBSD avienda.nxad.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Mon Oct 28 18:20:14 PST 2002
root@avienda.nxad.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELLAPTOP i386

> $ gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021009 (prerelease)
>

> Looks like the only problem on beta3 is that the geometry bits are
> failing, but I'm not 100% if they haven't already been solved.  -sc
Can you check it against the geometry-bsd[i]-precision.out file?

(depending on whether you've updated since the weekend).

If it matches, we need to update the resultmap.

LER

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Alessio Bragadini <alessio@albourne.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 18:53, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Evidently main.c needs "#include <errno.h>" added.

> I wonder what have changed since Beta2 that compiled fine...

That is odd.  main.c itself certainly has not changed.

> Done, and now it builds (I've limited the test to native cc compiler for
> now). But it doesn't pass two regression tests, float8 and alter_table.
> The diffs seem to me non-trivial, I've attached the results.

The float8 diff appears to be because new test cases were added to
float8.sql, but not all the float8 output variants were updated to match
:-(.  I will take care of that.

The alter_table diff is clearly indicative of a bug.  Can you set a
breakpoint and discover exactly where calloc is blowing up?  (For lack
of a better idea, I'm going to guess that calloc rejects a zero argument
on your platform.)
        regards, tom lane

I said:
> The alter_table diff is clearly indicative of a bug.  Can you set a
> breakpoint and discover exactly where calloc is blowing up?

Never mind, I see it: psql is doing calloc(0) when presented with a
table of zero columns.  Surprising you're the first to try it on a
platform where that returns NULL.

I've committed fixes for the other issues too, so CVS tip should now
pass cleanly on your platform.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> $ uname -a
> FreeBSD avienda.nxad.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Mon Oct 28 18:20:14 PST 2002
root@avienda.nxad.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELLAPTOP i386

> Looks like the only problem on beta3 is that the geometry bits are
> failing, but I'm not 100% if they haven't already been solved.  -sc

Hmm.  Evidently you now have support for minus-zero.  It looks like we
have an updated comparison file for that case for FreeBSD, but it's only
being applied for FreeBSD 4.7:

geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd4.7=geometry-bsd-precision
geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros-bsd
geometry/alpha.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros

Or at least it's *trying* to apply it for 4.7 --- as near as I can tell
without testing, the above scrap of resultmap code is wrong because both
of the i.86 lines will match on FreeBSD 4.7, and I think the pg_regress
coding will take the last match.  Larry, did you actually test the
CVS-tip resultmap to make sure it picks the right comparison file on
your box?

We could possibly do

geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros-bsd
geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd4.7=geometry-bsd-precision
geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd5=geometry-bsd-precision
geometry/alpha.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros

which is mighty ugly, but I'm hopeful that by the next PG release we'll
have gotten rid of most of the platform-to-platform geometry variants
anyway.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 09:53, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> > $ uname -a
> > FreeBSD avienda.nxad.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Mon Oct 28 18:20:14 PST 2002
root@avienda.nxad.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELLAPTOP i386

> > Looks like the only problem on beta3 is that the geometry bits are
> > failing, but I'm not 100% if they haven't already been solved.  -sc
>
> Hmm.  Evidently you now have support for minus-zero.  It looks like we
> have an updated comparison file for that case for FreeBSD, but it's only
> being applied for FreeBSD 4.7:
>
> geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd4.7=geometry-bsd-precision
> geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros-bsd
> geometry/alpha.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros
>
> Or at least it's *trying* to apply it for 4.7 --- as near as I can tell
> without testing, the above scrap of resultmap code is wrong because both
> of the i.86 lines will match on FreeBSD 4.7, and I think the pg_regress
> coding will take the last match.  Larry, did you actually test the
> CVS-tip resultmap to make sure it picks the right comparison file on
> your box?
Yes, just did and it *FAILS*.

you need the order you have below.

Sorry...

Date:
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 09:53, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Or at least it's *trying* to apply it for 4.7 --- as near as I can tell
>> without testing, the above scrap of resultmap code is wrong because both
>> of the i.86 lines will match on FreeBSD 4.7, and I think the pg_regress
>> coding will take the last match.  Larry, did you actually test the
>> CVS-tip resultmap to make sure it picks the right comparison file on
>> your box?

> Yes, just did and it *FAILS*.
> you need the order you have below.
> Sorry...

Okay, I've updated the CVS tip to look like this:

geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros-bsd
geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd4.7=geometry-bsd-precision
geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd5=geometry-bsd-precision
geometry/alpha.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros

Sean, would you verify this works for you?
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:22:42AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> I've committed fixes for the other issues too, so CVS tip should now
> pass cleanly on your platform.

I've built the snapshot from CVS tip and now the regression tests pass
with both GCC 2.95.1 and Compaq C V6.4-216 (dtk) on
Digital UNIX V4.0G (Rev. 1530).

Thank you very much for your help!

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com
Nicosia, Cyprus             phone: +357-22-755750

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Date:
> >> Or at least it's *trying* to apply it for 4.7 --- as near as I
> >> can tell without testing, the above scrap of resultmap code is
> >> wrong because both of the i.86 lines will match on FreeBSD 4.7,
> >> and I think the pg_regress coding will take the last match.
> >> Larry, did you actually test the CVS-tip resultmap to make sure
> >> it picks the right comparison file on your box?
>
> > Yes, just did and it *FAILS*.  you need the order you have below.
> > Sorry...
>
> Okay, I've updated the CVS tip to look like this:
>
> geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros-bsd
> geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd4.7=geometry-bsd-precision
> geometry/i.86-.*-freebsd5=geometry-bsd-precision
> geometry/alpha.*-freebsd=geometry-positive-zeros
>
> Sean, would you verify this works for you?

It does, thank you.  I've just updated the -devel port to 7.3b4,
hopefully the mirrors will pick up the bits soon.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Ports list updated:

Date:
On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 00:40, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Ports list updated:
>
>   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/supported-platforms.html

Please note that you have an entry for Digital Unix and one for Compaq
Tru64 while in fact they are the same OS that went through a whirlwind
of name changes. Don't know if official name should be now "HP Tru64" or
some other...

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com
Nicosia, Cyprus             phone: +357-22-755750

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925

Re: Request for supported platforms

Date:
Yes, now it is Digital/HP/Compaq.

Updated to existing Tru64 entry.