Re: Request for supported platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Naeslund(f)
Subject Re: Request for supported platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I noticed that the supported platforms listed 7.2 for linux alpha but
> with yesterdays date. I figured it was just a typo, but thought I
> would try to compile myself just to be sure, but I received 4
> failures: horology,geometry,opr_sanity, and misc
>
> This is on alpha running debian 3 linux
> uname -a = Linux usf-cf-alpha-linux-1 2.2.20 #2 Wed Mar 20 19:57:28
> EST 2002 alpha unknown
>
> regression output can be seen at:
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.diffs
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/regression.out
>
> my alpha history is spotty at best, perhaps someone else can help me
> interpret things.
>
> Robert Treat

I think on Linux Alpha and Sparc alot has to do with the gcc compiler
version.
My system is handupgraded from Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.x to be using a
much newer kernel (2.4.X-aaX).
But it's been working flawlessly with almost any kernel from 2.2 up to
where i am now, using postgresql from the 6.x days.

What compiler version are you using?
Is this Debian release a stable branch?

Magnus