pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 09:56, Adam Witney a écrit :
> For the time being, I could live with 1), but I couldn't get it to
> configure on my OSX laptop... It couldn't find my pgsql installation...
> Even though it was looking in the right place!
>
> Does pgsql have to be compiled with ssl for pgadmin to work?

Dear Adam Witney,

We did not compile pgAdmin3 recently under MacOsX. But...

If you are interested in testing pgAdmin3 and helping us, you should start
with a fresh installation of wxCocoa from wxWindows CVS, just like we do for
wxWindows 2.5.1. Did you install wxWindows latest CVS version?

If you did not, first checkout wxWindows latest branch from CVS.

The wxWindows configuration flags can be guessed from:
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#source

You will probably have to replace the gtk configuration flags with:
--with-mac --with-cocoa

This would be:
./configure --with-mac --with-cocoa --disable-shared --enable-debug

When wxCocoa is configured, compiled and installed, get back to us and we will
try to continue with the installation.

Adam H. Pendleton: we may need to install wxCocoa ourselves on test hosts. Do
you have the required station? I have one host here, but it is slow and I
don't know MacOsX very well.

Julian: do you think we have a chance of getting pgAdmin3 to compile under
wxCocoa in non-unicode mode? What is the level of advancement of wxCocoa?
Sorry for this silly question, but can you help us getting pgAdmin3 to
compile under MacOsX?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 11:02, Adam Witney a écrit :
> Is wxCocoa the same as wxMac? wxCocoa gives an unknown module error from
> Thanks

Dear Adam Witney,

./configure --help gives me:

[...]
  --with-mac               use Mac OS X
  --with-cocoa            use Cocoa
[...]

Seems like we have to choose between --with-mac and --with-cocoa. I would say
(without really knowing) that --with-mac is the compatibility layer of MacOsX
to old Macintosh applications, whereas --with-cocoa is the native MacOsX
interface.

But this may well be the converse. Julian, could you tell us more about these
issues?

Cheers, Jean-Michel

Date:
Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 11:40, Adam Witney a écrit :
> I don't think this part is a problem with the wxWindows part is it?

OK, we are delighted to know you got wxWindows installed from the 2.5.1 latest
branch. This is an important first step... We are quite happy to know it
compiles fine.

The configure problem is related to the libpq library. Where and how did you
install PostgreSQL on your host? Did you install it from sources?

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Date:
>> Actually, just looked again, it was wxMac-2.4.2, but I am downloading
wxWindows from CVS right now and I will try that

We noticed several improvements in 2.5.1 and therefore recommand using the
latest CVS version. At pgAdmin team level, we only support wx 2.5.1 in order
to simplify bug tracking and so on.

> > The configure problem is related to the libpq library. Where and how did
> > you install PostgreSQL on your host? Did you install it from sources?
> From source into /usr/local/pgsql, like so
> configure --with-perl --with-java --with-libs=/sw/lib
> --with-includes=/sw/include

OK, there is a ./configure script problem linked to PostgreSQL installation.
Adam H. Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> may answer more precisely. Or could
someone in the team help?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Dave Page"

As far as I am aware, we do not yet support wx2.5.1 unless there is a
patched version of it somewhere that I am not aware of?

Regards, Dave.

Date:
Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 12:41, Dave Page a écrit :
> As far as I am aware, we do not yet support wx2.5.1 unless there is a
> patched version of it somewhere that I am not aware of?

Sorry, I did not explain things in details. This is only a MacOs X related
issue.

Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> is trying to compile pgAdmin3 under MacOsX.
I suggested that he should use wxWindows 2.5 CVS branch and not 2.4 like he
installed on his computer. The latest wxWindows branch is 2.5.1.

Now, Adam has ./configure problems finding the libpq library and include
files. The wxWindows stuff is a secondary issue until now.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Adam H.Pendleton
Date:
On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 05:40 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:

> And the relevant part of config.log says
>
> configure:4634: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O0  -DSSL
> -I/usr/local/pgsql/include  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq
> /usr/local/pgsql/l
> ib/libpq.a -lcrypt  -lssl -lcrypto >&5
> ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
> configure:4637: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | #line 4610 "configure"

Hmmm.  I just downloaded and './configure'd pgAdmin3 on my system, and
it doesn't even link against libcrypt.  This is because only the static
version of pgAdmin3 links against libcrypt.  IIRC, this dependency was
added to the build system to support Slackware.  Dave, could you change
line 114 from:

LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"

to:

LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"

and let me know what happens.  Could you test this as well Jean-Michel?
  Make sure you configure with --disable-shared.  Adam W., go ahead and
compile pgAdmin3 without the --disable-shared flag for now, and let me
know what happens.

ahp

Attachment

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
I just had a look at the cocoa source dir of the current cvs and fount many
    // TODO
comments. There are several needed methods not implemented, so for now
trying to run pgAdmin3 with cocoa is certainly doomed to failure.

Regards,
Andreas

Date:
On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 05:40 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:

> And the relevant part of config.log says
>
> configure:4634: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O0  -DSSL
> -I/usr/local/pgsql/include  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq
> /usr/local/pgsql/l
> ib/libpq.a -lcrypt  -lssl -lcrypto >&5
> ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
> configure:4637: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | #line 4610 "configure"
>
> I don't think this part is a problem with the wxWindows part is it?

No, this is a problem with the autoconf code.  Mac OS X doesn't have a
libcrypt, at least not by default.  I'll need to modify the code so
that we don't link against it.  Let me take a look at it.

ahp

Attachment

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Stefan Csomor"
Date:
Hi

--with-mac uses the Carbon API,
--with-cocoa uses the Cocoa API

so it is just a difference between APIs, both will give you a native OSX
application, currently the wxCocoa implementation is not yet as complete as
the wxMac version.

Best,

Stefan

Date:
On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 08:58 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:

> Actually latest CVS wxWindows, configure'd --with-cocoa fails with this
> problem
>
> ../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: type specifier omitted for parameter `
>    wxNativeEncodingInfo'
> ../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: parse error before `*' token
> make: *** [corelib_font.o] Error 1

For now, I think we should probably just stick with the wxMac stuff.
 From what I understand, the wxCocoa code isn't as mature as the wxMac
code.  Let's tackle on problem at a time.  :-)

ahp

Attachment

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Adam Witney
Date:
Ok, but I can't seem to find any mention of wxCocoa in the CVS?

I did manage to get wxWindows installed yesterday, but when I ran configure
from the pgadmin src I got

checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking pgsql in /usr/local/pgsql... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

And the relevant part of config.log says

configure:4634: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O0  -DSSL
-I/usr/local/pgsql/include  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq
/usr/local/pgsql/l
ib/libpq.a -lcrypt  -lssl -lcrypto >&5
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
configure:4637: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 4610 "configure"

I don't think this part is a problem with the wxWindows part is it?

Adam

> Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 11:02, Adam Witney a écrit :
>> Is wxCocoa the same as wxMac? wxCocoa gives an unknown module error from
>> Thanks
>
> Dear Adam Witney,
>
> ./configure --help gives me:
>
> [...]
> --with-mac               use Mac OS X
> --with-cocoa            use Cocoa
> [...]
>
> Seems like we have to choose between --with-mac and --with-cocoa. I would say
> (without really knowing) that --with-mac is the compatibility layer of MacOsX
> to old Macintosh applications, whereas --with-cocoa is the native MacOsX
> interface.
>
> But this may well be the converse. Julian, could you tell us more about these
> issues?
>
> Cheers, Jean-Michel

believed to be clean.

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Adam Witney
Date:
Hi Jean-Michel,

Is wxCocoa the same as wxMac? wxCocoa gives an unknown module error from cvs

Thanks

adam

> Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 09:56, Adam Witney a écrit :
>> For the time being, I could live with 1), but I couldn't get it to
>> configure on my OSX laptop... It couldn't find my pgsql installation...
>> Even though it was looking in the right place!
>>
>> Does pgsql have to be compiled with ssl for pgadmin to work?
>
> Dear Adam Witney,
>
> We did not compile pgAdmin3 recently under MacOsX. But...
>
> If you are interested in testing pgAdmin3 and helping us, you should start
> with a fresh installation of wxCocoa from wxWindows CVS, just like we do for
> wxWindows 2.5.1. Did you install wxWindows latest CVS version?
>
> If you did not, first checkout wxWindows latest branch from CVS.
>
> The wxWindows configuration flags can be guessed from:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#source
>
> You will probably have to replace the gtk configuration flags with:
> --with-mac --with-cocoa
>
> This would be:
> ./configure --with-mac --with-cocoa --disable-shared --enable-debug
>
> When wxCocoa is configured, compiled and installed, get back to us and we will
> try to continue with the installation.
>
> Adam H. Pendleton: we may need to install wxCocoa ourselves on test hosts. Do
> you have the required station? I have one host here, but it is slow and I
> don't know MacOsX very well.
>
> Julian: do you think we have a chance of getting pgAdmin3 to compile under
> wxCocoa in non-unicode mode? What is the level of advancement of wxCocoa?
> Sorry for this silly question, but can you help us getting pgAdmin3 to
> compile under MacOsX?
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel Pouré

believed to be clean.

Date:
> OK, we are delighted to know you got wxWindows installed from the 2.5.1 latest
> branch. This is an important first step... We are quite happy to know it
> compiles fine.

Actually, just looked again, it was wxMac-2.4.2, but I am downloading
wxWindows from CVS right now and I will try that

> The configure problem is related to the libpq library. Where and how did you
> install PostgreSQL on your host? Did you install it from sources?

From source into /usr/local/pgsql, like so

configure --with-perl --with-java --with-libs=/sw/lib
--with-includes=/sw/include

adam

believed to be clean.

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
Julian Smart
Date:
At 11:31 30/09/2003 +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>Seems like we have to choose between --with-mac and --with-cocoa. I would say
>(without really knowing) that --with-mac is the compatibility layer of MacOsX
>to old Macintosh applications, whereas --with-cocoa is the native MacOsX
>interface.
>
>But this may well be the converse. Julian, could you tell us more about these
>issues?

Hi,

wxCocoa is very much a work in progress and no-one is seriously
using it yet as far as I know. The chap to ask is:

David Elliott <elliott@stcnet.com>

wxCocoa is a wrapper around Cocoa, and wxMac is a wrapper
around Carbon and (to be deprecated) the Classic API.
Carbon apps should work under both OSX and Mac Classic,
whereas Cocoa apps would only work on OSX.

For information about wxMac, the relevant contact is:

Stefan Csomor <csomor@advancedconcepts.ch>

Regards,

Julian
Julian Smart                          mailto:julian.smart@btopenworld.com
3 Water Street, Stamford,             www.anthemion.co.uk
Lincs, U.K., PE9 2NJ                  +44 (0)1780 765976
StoryLines:   story structuring       www.storylinescentral.com
HelpBlocks:   HTML help authoring     www.helpblocks.com
DialogBlocks: cross-platform dialogs  www.anthemion.co.uk/dialogblocks

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Dave Page"

Dynamic build works, static does not. Incidently, --disable-static
doesn't work, despite prompts indicating that it should. I also note
that snake is linking with libwx_gtk2ud-2.5.a no matter what build type
is performed - I assume this is because that's what wx-config tells it
to do?

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Stefan Csomor"
Date:
Hi

I think (I'm not fluent on the console ;-) it's --disable-shared for getting
static libs

Best,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

We used --enable-static rather than --disable-shared (can't remember
why). From acinclude.m4:

############################
# Static build of pgAdmin3 #
############################
AC_DEFUN([ENABLE_STATIC],
[AC_ARG_ENABLE(static,
[ --enable-static      build a static version of pgAdmin3],
[pg_static_build=yes],
[pg_static_build=no])
])

Looking at that of course, it looks like --disable-static is not defined
anyway which would explain why it doesn't work.

Regards, Dave.

Date:
On 30/9/03 7:45 pm, "Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 08:58 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:
>

>> Actually latest CVS wxWindows, configure'd --with-cocoa fails with this
>> problem
>>
>> ../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: type specifier omitted for parameter `
>>    wxNativeEncodingInfo'
>> ../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: parse error before `*' token
>> make: *** [corelib_font.o] Error 1
>>

> For now, I think we should probably just stick with the wxMac stuff.
> From what I understand, the wxCocoa code isn't as mature as the wxMac
> code.  Let's tackle on problem at a time.  :-)

Ok, it also fails with ../configure --with-mac --disable-shared
--enable-debug

../src/mac/checkbox.cpp: In member function `bool
wxCheckBox::Create(wxWindow*,
   int, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const
   wxValidator&, const wxString&)':
../src/mac/checkbox.cpp:45: `wxCH_3STATE' undeclared (first use this
function)
../src/mac/checkbox.cpp:45: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
   for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [corelib_checkbox.o] Error 1

believed to be clean.

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Stefan Csomor"
Date:
Hi Adam

please cvs update src/mac/checkbox.cpp, I've committed the typo fix
yesterday evening

Thanks,

Stefan

Date:
Hi Stefan,

Thanks. This now compiles and installs fine with wxWindows current CVS (on
MacOSX 10.2.6)

cd build
../configure --with-mac --disable-shared --enable-debug
make
make install

Do I need the STC and XRC bits as well? These do not compile as described on
the website instructions

cd contrib/src/stc
make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Thanks again

adam

> Hi Adam
>
> please cvs update src/mac/checkbox.cpp, I've committed the typo fix
> yesterday evening
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stefan

believed to be clean.

Dave Page wrote:

>Dynamic build works, static does not. Incidently, --disable-static
>doesn't work, despite prompts indicating that it should. I also note
>that snake is linking with libwx_gtk2ud-2.5.a no matter what build type
>is performed - I assume this is because that's what wx-config tells it
>to do?

Most likely.  The output from 'wx-config --libs' and 'wx-config --libs
--static' seem the same, and seems to be dependent on the wxWindows build.

ahp

Date:
Adam Witney wrote:

>On 30/9/03 7:45 pm, "Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> wrote:
>

>>On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 08:58 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:
>>

>>>Actually latest CVS wxWindows, configure'd --with-cocoa fails with this
>>>problem
>>>
>>>../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: type specifier omitted for parameter `
>>>   wxNativeEncodingInfo'
>>>../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: parse error before `*' token
>>>make: *** [corelib_font.o] Error 1
>>>

>>For now, I think we should probably just stick with the wxMac stuff.
>From what I understand, the wxCocoa code isn't as mature as the wxMac
>>code.  Let's tackle on problem at a time.  :-)
>>

>Ok, it also fails with ../configure --with-mac --disable-shared
>--enable-debug
>
>../src/mac/checkbox.cpp: In member function `bool
>wxCheckBox::Create(wxWindow*,
>   int, const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const
>   wxValidator&, const wxString&)':
>../src/mac/checkbox.cpp:45: `wxCH_3STATE' undeclared (first use this
>function)
>../src/mac/checkbox.cpp:45: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>once
>   for each function it appears in.)
>make: *** [corelib_checkbox.o] Error 1

Are you sure you're working with the latest CVS tree?  It compiled fine
for me.

ahp

Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
Adam Witney wrote:
With ./configure --enable-debug I get

checking for wxWindows... yes
configure: error: you need to install the xrc package from
wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc

Which is strange as xrc seemed to install fine before
What does config.log report?

If I use pgadmin3 CVS I have to edit configure.ac to change

AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

Otherwise the bootstrap script will fail.
What version of autoconf and automake are you using?  Sounds like you need to upgrade.

And then ./configure
--enable-debug works but compilation fails with

utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&, long  long int)':
utils/utffile.cpp:85: no matching function for call to `wxMBConv::MB2WC(  wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
/usr/local/include/wx/strconv.h:46: candidates are: virtual size_t  wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const
make[2]: *** [utffile.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This looks like a separate issue.

ahp

Date:
> Hmmm.  I just downloaded and './configure'd pgAdmin3 on my system, and
> it doesn't even link against libcrypt.  This is because only the static
> version of pgAdmin3 links against libcrypt.  IIRC, this dependency was
> added to the build system to support Slackware.  Dave, could you change
> line 114 from:
>
> LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
>
> to:
>
> LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
>
> and let me know what happens.  Could you test this as well Jean-Michel?
> Make sure you configure with --disable-shared.  Adam W., go ahead and
> compile pgAdmin3 without the --disable-shared flag for now, and let me
> know what happens.

With ./configure --enable-debug I get

checking for wxWindows... yes
configure: error: you need to install the xrc package from
wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc

Which is strange as xrc seemed to install fine before

Incidently this is from pgadmin3-1.0.0

If I use pgadmin3 CVS I have to edit configure.ac to change

AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

Otherwise the bootstrap script will fail. And then ./configure

Date:
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Adam Witney wrote:
>
>>With ./configure --enable-debug I get
>>
>>checking for wxWindows... yes
>>configure: error: you need to install the xrc package from
>>wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc
>>
>>Which is strange as xrc seemed to install fine before
>>
> What does config.log report?
>
>>If I use pgadmin3 CVS I have to edit configure.ac to change
>>
>>AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

>>AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
>>
>>Otherwise the bootstrap script will fail.
>>
> What version of autoconf and automake are you using?  Sounds like you
> need to upgrade.
>
>>And then ./configure
>>--enable-debug works but compilation fails with
>>
>>utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&, long
>>   long int)':
>>utils/utffile.cpp:85: no matching function for call to `wxMBConv::MB2WC(
>>   wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
>>/usr/local/include/wx/strconv.h:46: candidates are: virtual size_t
>>   wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const

Strange behaviour, try casting
m_conversion->MB2WC((wxChar*)wxStringBuffer(str, len), buffer, nLen+1);
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^

Regards,
Andreas

Date:

Date:
On 1/10/03 7:13 pm, "Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> wrote:

> Adam Witney wrote:
>> With ./configure --enable-debug I get
>>
>> checking for wxWindows... yes
>> configure: error: you need to install the xrc package from
>> wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc
>>
>> Which is strange as xrc seemed to install fine before
> What does config.log report?

Not much really:

configure:4824: checking for wxWindows
configure:4841: result: yes
configure:5061: error: you need to install the xrc package from
wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc

>> If I use pgadmin3 CVS I have to edit configure.ac to change
>>
>> AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

>> AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
>>
>> Otherwise the bootstrap script will fail.
> What version of autoconf and automake are you using?  Sounds like you need to
> upgrade.

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.1

What should they be?

>> And then ./configure
>> --enable-debug works but compilation fails with
>>
>> utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&, long
>>  long int)':
>> utils/utffile.cpp:85: no matching function for call to `wxMBConv::MB2WC(
>>  wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
>> /usr/local/include/wx/strconv.h:46: candidates are: virtual size_t
>>  wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const
>> make[2]: *** [utffile.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

Thanks again

adam

believed to be clean.

Date:
Adam Witney wrote:

>Actually latest CVS wxWindows, configure'd --with-cocoa fails with this
>problem
>
>../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: type specifier omitted for parameter `
>   wxNativeEncodingInfo'
>../src/cocoa/font.cpp:88: parse error before `*' token
>make: *** [corelib_font.o] Error 1

Don't use --with-cocoa.  Use --with-mac.

ahp

Date:
Adam Witney wrote:
Not much really:

configure:4824: checking for wxWindows
configure:4841: result: yes
configure:5061: error: you need to install the xrc package from
wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc
There is only one check for the xrc package, and that is for the prescense of ${WX_HOME}/include/wx/xrc/xmlres.h, where ${WX_HOME} is the directory wxWindows is installed under (--prefix or /usr/local/wx2).  Check to see that this file exists on your machine.  If not, could you print a directory listing of that directory?

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.1

What should they be?
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.7

I don't remember exactly when automake dropped the AM_ vs. AC_ requirement, but it was definitely in a later version than 1.6.1.

ahp

Date:
On 2/10/03 2:54 pm, "Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> wrote:

> Adam Witney wrote:
>> Not much really:
>>
>> configure:4824: checking for wxWindows
>> configure:4841: result: yes
>> configure:5061: error: you need to install the xrc package from
>> wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc
> There is only one check for the xrc package, and that is for the prescense of
> ${WX_HOME}/include/wx/xrc/xmlres.h, where ${WX_HOME} is the directory
> wxWindows is installed under (--prefix or /usr/local/wx2).  Check to see that
> this file exists on your machine. If not, could you print a directory listing
> of that directory?

I found it in /usr/local/include/wx/xrc/, can I tell it to look here?

>> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
>> automake (GNU automake) 1.6.1
>>
>> What should they be?
> automake (GNU automake) 1.7.7
>
> I don't remember exactly when automake dropped the AM_ vs. AC_ requirement,
> but it was definitely in a later version than 1.6.1.

Ah ok I will upgrade automake

Thanks

adam

believed to be clean.

Date:
On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 10:02 US/Eastern, Adam Witney wrote:

> I found it in /usr/local/include/wx/xrc/, can I tell it to look here?

What happens if you compile with --with-wx=/usr/local?

ahp

pgAdmin III under OSX

From
Adam Witney
Date:
I was wondering if there was any further progress on an OSX port for
pgAdmin3?

Thanks

Adam

believed to be clean.

Re: pgAdmin III under OSX

From
"Stefan Csomor"
Date:
Hi

now that panther is out, unicode at least for that system is available, so
we should see pretty easily what else needs fixing.

Best,

Stefan