pgAdmin III under wxCocoa - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject pgAdmin III under wxCocoa
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 09:56, Adam Witney a écrit :
> For the time being, I could live with 1), but I couldn't get it to
> configure on my OSX laptop... It couldn't find my pgsql installation...
> Even though it was looking in the right place!
>
> Does pgsql have to be compiled with ssl for pgadmin to work?

Dear Adam Witney,

We did not compile pgAdmin3 recently under MacOsX. But...

If you are interested in testing pgAdmin3 and helping us, you should start
with a fresh installation of wxCocoa from wxWindows CVS, just like we do for
wxWindows 2.5.1. Did you install wxWindows latest CVS version?

If you did not, first checkout wxWindows latest branch from CVS.

The wxWindows configuration flags can be guessed from:
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#source

You will probably have to replace the gtk configuration flags with:
--with-mac --with-cocoa

This would be:
./configure --with-mac --with-cocoa --disable-shared --enable-debug

When wxCocoa is configured, compiled and installed, get back to us and we will
try to continue with the installation.

Adam H. Pendleton: we may need to install wxCocoa ourselves on test hosts. Do
you have the required station? I have one host here, but it is slow and I
don't know MacOsX very well.

Julian: do you think we have a chance of getting pgAdmin3 to compile under
wxCocoa in non-unicode mode? What is the level of advancement of wxCocoa?
Sorry for this silly question, but can you help us getting pgAdmin3 to
compile under MacOsX?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré