Prestige users - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce
Subject Prestige users
Date
Re: Prestige users  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Re: Prestige users  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Prestige users  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: Prestige users  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
Re: Prestige users  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
List pgsql-advocacy
We've got a raging debate going on now on whether we should move from a
Foxpro back end to either PostgreSQL or MySQL.

It's an accounting application and I feel that Postgres would be the better
choice. Some other people (like my boss) thinks that MySQL would be better
choice. His reasoning is that MySQL gets more publicity so it must be
better. He says that since the Sabre airline reservation system and Yahoo
run with MySQL, they are the best. Period.

I'm sure Postgres has a couple prestige organizations that use database. If
I could come up with some big names, I'm pretty sure we could make everyone
into believers. Unfortunately, the only thing close to a "name" on the
website is the company BSAF.

Do you know any other well-known names?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce