Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bradley Kieser
Subject Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?
Date
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Kenneth Downs <ken@secdat.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Mario Guenterberg <mg@havelsoft.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Walter Vaughan <wvaughan@steelerubber.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  ("Brandon Aiken" <BAiken@winemantech.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (lneves <luis.neves@gmail.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Bricklen Anderson <banderson@presinet.com>)
List pgsql-general
I hope that someone has cracked this one because I have run into a brick
wall the entire week and after 3 all-nighters with bad installations, I
would appreciate hearing from others!

I am looking for a decent OpenSource CRM system that will run with
Postgres. SugarCRM seems to be the most popular but it's MySQL-centric
and its opensource parts are very restricted.

vTiger is also mySQL-centric.

I thought that I had a corker of a system with "centricCRM" but when it
came to actually installing it, I am 48 hours down and hacking through
screen after screen of installation errors. Basically, it relies way too
much on ant and Java tools. Nothing against Java but my experience with
ant used for installing PG schemas is a dismal track record of error and
frustration. centric CRM is no exception. Frankly, it just doesn't work
and after trying to hack out the ant into a PG script I have decided to
give it up as a bad job.

XRMS promises to run on PG but... it doesn't. The core system is fine,
but useless without the plugins. The Plugins are mySQL-specific again, I
spent several all-nighters previously hacking through installation
screens attempting to convert mysql to PG, making software patches...
you get the picture.

XLSuite looks very promising. Awesome interface, looks great... only
it's just not ready yet. It is a year away from being at full PG
production level.

Compiere doesn't support PG.

OpenTAPS the demo won't even work. And it's US-centric whereas we are in
the UK. A pity that it's so very much tied to the US as it could be very
good.

I have tried numerous other CRMs but all the same - either don't run on
PG, claim to but in reality don't or are simply pre-Alpha and not ready
for production use.

So if anyone has actually cracked this, please let me know! I really
need a good CRM.

It has to be OpenSource, not just out of principle, but we need to
integrate it into an existing business with established inhouse software
so we need to be able to customise the code.

Thanks,

Brad