Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sven Willenberger
Subject Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 01:22 +0000, Bradley Kieser wrote:
> I hope that someone has cracked this one because I have run into a brick
> wall the entire week and after 3 all-nighters with bad installations, I
> would appreciate hearing from others!
>
> I am looking for a decent OpenSource CRM system that will run with
> Postgres. SugarCRM seems to be the most popular but it's MySQL-centric
> and its opensource parts are very restricted.
>
> vTiger is also mySQL-centric.
>
> I thought that I had a corker of a system with "centricCRM" but when it
> came to actually installing it, I am 48 hours down and hacking through
> screen after screen of installation errors. Basically, it relies way too
> much on ant and Java tools. Nothing against Java but my experience with
> ant used for installing PG schemas is a dismal track record of error and
> frustration. centric CRM is no exception. Frankly, it just doesn't work
> and after trying to hack out the ant into a PG script I have decided to
> give it up as a bad job.
>
> XRMS promises to run on PG but... it doesn't. The core system is fine,
> but useless without the plugins. The Plugins are mySQL-specific again, I
> spent several all-nighters previously hacking through installation
> screens attempting to convert mysql to PG, making software patches...
> you get the picture.
>
> XLSuite looks very promising. Awesome interface, looks great... only
> it's just not ready yet. It is a year away from being at full PG
> production level.
>
> Compiere doesn't support PG.
>
> OpenTAPS the demo won't even work. And it's US-centric whereas we are in
> the UK. A pity that it's so very much tied to the US as it could be very
> good.
>
> I have tried numerous other CRMs but all the same - either don't run on
> PG, claim to but in reality don't or are simply pre-Alpha and not ready
> for production use.
>
> So if anyone has actually cracked this, please let me know! I really
> need a good CRM.
>
> It has to be OpenSource, not just out of principle, but we need to
> integrate it into an existing business with established inhouse software
> so we need to be able to customise the code.

Stumbled across this one: http://www.hipergate.org/ which appears to be
crm and groupware that works with postgresql (requires version 8.x so it
appears to be relatively up to date development-wise). It is java based
apparently so it may not be so palatable for you.