Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brandon Aiken
Subject Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?
Date
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?  (syaskin <syaskin@queplix.com>)
List pgsql-general
Why is running on PG so important?  Why not look for the best CRM
application for your user's needs?

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Bradley Kieser
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:22 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually
installs with Posgtres?

I hope that someone has cracked this one because I have run into a brick

wall the entire week and after 3 all-nighters with bad installations, I
would appreciate hearing from others!

I am looking for a decent OpenSource CRM system that will run with
Postgres. SugarCRM seems to be the most popular but it's MySQL-centric
and its opensource parts are very restricted.

vTiger is also mySQL-centric.

I thought that I had a corker of a system with "centricCRM" but when it
came to actually installing it, I am 48 hours down and hacking through
screen after screen of installation errors. Basically, it relies way too

much on ant and Java tools. Nothing against Java but my experience with
ant used for installing PG schemas is a dismal track record of error and

frustration. centric CRM is no exception. Frankly, it just doesn't work
and after trying to hack out the ant into a PG script I have decided to
give it up as a bad job.

XRMS promises to run on PG but... it doesn't. The core system is fine,
but useless without the plugins. The Plugins are mySQL-specific again, I

spent several all-nighters previously hacking through installation
screens attempting to convert mysql to PG, making software patches...
you get the picture.

XLSuite looks very promising. Awesome interface, looks great... only
it's just not ready yet. It is a year away from being at full PG
production level.

Compiere doesn't support PG.

OpenTAPS the demo won't even work. And it's US-centric whereas we are in

the UK. A pity that it's so very much tied to the US as it could be very

good.

I have tried numerous other CRMs but all the same - either don't run on
PG, claim to but in reality don't or are simply pre-Alpha and not ready
for production use.

So if anyone has actually cracked this, please let me know! I really
need a good CRM.

It has to be OpenSource, not just out of principle, but we need to
integrate it into an existing business with established inhouse software

so we need to be able to customise the code.

Thanks,

Brad

       match

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
Statements made in this e-mail may or may not reflect the views and
opinions of Wineman Technology, Inc. or its employees.

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged,
confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
message from your computer.