Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kenneth Downs
Subject Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bradley Kieser wrote:
> I hope that someone has cracked this one because I have run into a
> brick wall the entire week and after 3 all-nighters with bad
> installations, I would appreciate hearing from others!
>
> I am looking for a decent OpenSource CRM system that will run with
> Postgres. SugarCRM seems to be the most popular but it's MySQL-centric
> and its opensource parts are very restricted.

Bradley, I've got about 2.5 out of 3 of what you are looking for,
perhaps it might work out for you.  We have a GPL database application
framework that we have used for a handful of CRM-style applications
(links below).  It runs on Postgres, is completely GPL, and is written
in PHP.

Now the bad news :)

We have only crude CRM stuff, and you may end up having to put more into
this area than you want to.  As I said, we use it ourselves for some
stuff, but our needs are simple in that area.  Its primary purpose is
high-powered business database apps.

Now on the third hand, we have a pure business app for Medical Practice
Management and we are about to add the CRM to it so that the
scheduling/billing database also serves the doctor's public website,
doing things like showing schedules, listing active insurances and other
nifty stuff like that.  And of course the doc can enter new articles.
We think its really cool to be able to integrate CRM with business this way.

The only other bad news is that it is Linux only.  It has been installed
on Mac but nobody here can support you with that.  In principle it can
run on Windows because Apache, PHP and Postgres run on windows, but
again, you'd become the guy I send other people to once you get it going :)

Here are three CRM sites running it.  They are my company site, the
project site itself, and a site for a rental home:

www.secdat.com
www.andromeda-project.org
www.manisteeforestretreat.com

The middle one is the actual project, its got some docs, some tutorials,
and a link to the sourceforge download.