Updated Website Layout Completed

From
dmp
Date:
The website layout has been completed and can be reviewed at the link
given below. I would say that the work is a little over half complete.

Now would be the time to provide feedback on the structured layout
so that modifications can take place before I begin to complete the
styling, skin, optimization for scripting with Jekyll, then updating
and validating any of the content.

The links to specifics like documentation files, jars, and apis are
not present in the construction site.

http://pgjdbc.ourbigsky.com/index.html

danap.

Re: Updated Website Layout Completed

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
looks good so far!

Thanks

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

The website layout has been completed and can be reviewed at the link
given below. I would say that the work is a little over half complete.

Now would be the time to provide feedback on the structured layout
so that modifications can take place before I begin to complete the
styling, skin, optimization for scripting with Jekyll, then updating
and validating any of the content.

The links to specifics like documentation files, jars, and apis are
not present in the construction site.

http://pgjdbc.ourbigsky.com/index.html

danap.

jdbc changelog on website

From
Ger Timmens
Date:
Hi,

Could:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html

be updated with the release notes for version 9.2-1003 ?

Or could the release notes be mailed to the list while the new
website is being designed ?

Thanks,

Ger Timmens

--
Ger Timmens
Adyen - Payments Made Easy

Visiting Address: Kantoorgebouw Nijenburg  Mail Address:
Simon Carmiggeltstraat 6-50, 5th floor     P.O. Box 10095
1011 DJ Amsterdam                          1001 EB Amsterdam
The Netherlands                            The Netherlands

Direct +31.20.240.1248
Office +31.20.240.1240
Mobile +31.62.483.8468
Email ger.timmens@adyen.com

Re: jdbc changelog on website

From
dmp
Date:
Dave,

I need to understand the method that this information is being
obtained for the website, since I guess the transition to GIT.

Is it being tracked with issues or gitk? I can answer this if
it is not already compiled provided I have a little more
understanding on how it is being tracked now.

When I'm finished with the website I would like to have the
changelog scripted into the finished site if possible.

Also I put changelog under About, since that was where it was
before, but thought it should maybe have been placed under
Download or Development?

danap.

Ger Timmens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could:
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html
>
> be updated with the release notes for version 9.2-1003 ?
>
> Or could the release notes be mailed to the list while the new
> website is being designed ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ger Timmens

Re: jdbc changelog on website

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 8/5/2013 3:08 PM, dmp wrote:
> Also I put changelog under About, since that was where it was
> before, but thought it should maybe have been placed under
> Download or Development?

maybe each page should have a little footnote line in a tiny font with
the id of the page, page version, last edit date, author, and a link to
the changelog data in git?  or is that too much?

Date:
John R Pierce wrote:
> On 8/5/2013 3:08 PM, dmp wrote:
>> Also I put changelog under About, since that was where it was
>> before, but thought it should maybe have been placed under
>> Download or Development?
>
> maybe each page should have a little footnote line in a tiny font with
> the id of the page, page version, last edit date, author, and a link to
> the changelog data in git? or is that too much?

I can not say at this time, but I have put it in my notes for construction
of the site and will consider when I get to the changelog stuff.

Thank you for the input.

danap.

Re: jdbc changelog on website

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Dana,

Currently this is done more or less by hand. We do need something automated from git though.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
John R Pierce wrote:
On 8/5/2013 3:08 PM, dmp wrote:
Also I put changelog under About, since that was where it was
before, but thought it should maybe have been placed under
Download or Development?

maybe each page should have a little footnote line in a tiny font with
the id of the page, page version, last edit date, author, and a link to
the changelog data in git? or is that too much?

I can not say at this time, but I have put it in my notes for construction
of the site and will consider when I get to the changelog stuff.

Thank you for the input.

danap.

Re: jdbc changelog on website

From
dmp
Date:
Hello,

Upon Review:

I'm not really sure what each page is for footnote, edit date, author, since
there is only one page of the changelog. Perhaps a link to git for the latest,
8 months or so, releases maybe if possible. I think most of this is asking to
much.

What I would like to do is archive all changelog data prior to 9.0 say and
just have a link for download instead of listing.

danap.