Current sources?

From
dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Date:
I have seen a few patches fly by on the list, but when I checked the
last snapshot was dated May 4th. Unhappily, CVSup is not working for me
right now. Is there a later snapshot, or should I just work with this one?

Oh, and who should I really direct this kind of "site admin" question to
anyway?

Thanks

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm wrong,
 and someone who knows less will correct me if I'm right."
               --David Palmer (palmer@tybalt.caltech.edu)

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Fri, 22 May 1998, David Gould wrote:

> I have seen a few patches fly by on the list, but when I checked the
> last snapshot was dated May 4th. Unhappily, CVSup is not working for me
> right now. Is there a later snapshot, or should I just work with this one?

    snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
is wrong with CVSup for you though?

>Oh, and who should I really direct this kind of "site admin" question to
> anyway?

    Me...but the list works too, since then everyone knows what is
going on (for those new *grin*)

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

> I have seen a few patches fly by on the list, but when I checked the
> last snapshot was dated May 4th. Unhappily, CVSup is not working for me
> right now. Is there a later snapshot, or should I just work with this one?
>
> Oh, and who should I really direct this kind of "site admin" question to
> anyway?

Marc, Mr. scrappy, scrappy@hub.org.

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From
t-ishii@sra.co.jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
Date:
At 7:54 AM 98.5.22 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Fri, 22 May 1998, David Gould wrote:
>

>> I have seen a few patches fly by on the list, but when I checked the
>> last snapshot was dated May 4th. Unhappily, CVSup is not working for me
>> right now. Is there a later snapshot, or should I just work with this one?
>
>    snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
>is wrong with CVSup for you though?

Once a week? the snapshot hasn't been updated for at least
2 weeks now.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:

>     snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
> is wrong with CVSup for you though?

CVSup can only be used on a few platforms, and is a hell of a big job
to port to new ones, because you have to begin by porting a Modula-3
compiler.  Decidedly non-trivial.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On 22 May 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>
> >     snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
> > is wrong with CVSup for you though?
>
> CVSup can only be used on a few platforms, and is a hell of a big job
> to port to new ones, because you have to begin by porting a Modula-3
> compiler.  Decidedly non-trivial.

    I've tried to get anonCVS working, and am still working on it,
but, for some odd reason, it isn't working as expected, even with
following the instructions laid out in several FAQs :(

    Try this:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
    - password of 'postgresql'
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co pgsql

    And tell me what it comes up with...it might just be me *shrug*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sat, 23 May 1998, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> At 7:54 AM 98.5.22 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >On Fri, 22 May 1998, David Gould wrote:
> >

> >> I have seen a few patches fly by on the list, but when I checked the
> >> last snapshot was dated May 4th. Unhappily, CVSup is not working for me
> >> right now. Is there a later snapshot, or should I just work with this one?
> >
> >    snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
> >is wrong with CVSup for you though?
>
> Once a week? the snapshot hasn't been updated for at least
> 2 weeks now.

    My error...hard coded tar into the script, vs letting it take it
from the path...fixed, with a snapshot generated later this afternoon...

Date:
At 8:17 PM 98.5.22 -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Sat, 23 May 1998, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> >    snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
>> >is wrong with CVSup for you though?
>>
>> Once a week? the snapshot hasn't been updated for at least
>> 2 weeks now.
>
>    My error...hard coded tar into the script, vs letting it take it
>from the path...fixed, with a snapshot generated later this afternoon...

Thanks!
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp