Re: Why is there no 8.3.16 rpm with _id ?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
[Moving to pgsql-general]

On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 07:24 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> we'd like to upgrade to newest 8.3, and we're on 8.3.11 _id, but it
> looks like 8.3.11 is the newest version of 8.3 built with integer
> datetimes:
> http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64-id/repoview/
>
> Is there any reason for this, and will there be any newer versions
> built with integer datetimes?

I have no intention to build the -id packages again, given the lack of
request (first request since 8.3.11...). You can build your own packages
quite easily, though.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Why is there no 8.3.16 rpm with _id ?

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 11:28:52PM +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> I have no intention to build the -id packages again, given the lack of
> request (first request since 8.3.11...). You can build your own packages
> quite easily, though.

ok. fair enough. thanks.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/

Re: Why is there no 8.3.16 rpm with _id ?

From
Alban Hertroys
Date:
2011/10/30 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> I have no intention to build the -id packages again, given the lack of
> request (first request since 8.3.11...). You can build your own packages
> quite easily, though.

But... aren't integer datetimes supposed to be the default, with float
datetimes quickly becoming deprecated?
Or does the current package (w/o the -id suffix) already implement that default?

I don't run PG on Linux, but I imagine those who do might be
interested in the answer ;)

Date:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 02:52:28PM +0100, Alban Hertroys wrote:
> 2011/10/30 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> >
> > I have no intention to build the -id packages again, given the lack of
> > request (first request since 8.3.11...). You can build your own packages
> > quite easily, though.
>
> But... aren't integer datetimes supposed to be the default, with float
> datetimes quickly becoming deprecated?
> Or does the current package (w/o the -id suffix) already implement that default?
> I don't run PG on Linux, but I imagine those who do might be
> interested in the answer ;)

id is default in 8.4, and I am/was looking for 8.3.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/

Re: Why is there no 8.3.16 rpm with _id ?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
2011/10/30 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> [Moving to pgsql-general]
>
> On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 07:24 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
>> we'd like to upgrade to newest 8.3, and we're on 8.3.11 _id, but it
>> looks like 8.3.11 is the newest version of 8.3 built with integer
>> datetimes:
>> http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64-id/repoview/
>>
>> Is there any reason for this, and will there be any newer versions
>> built with integer datetimes?
>>
> I have no intention to build the -id packages again, given the lack of
> request (first request since 8.3.11...). You can build your own packages
> quite easily, though.

Hey Devrim, any chance you have published your rpm spec files you used
on the earlier 8.3 -id builds? I looked around and couldn't find one.

Robert Treat
conjecture: xzilla.net
consulting: omniti.com

Date:
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 13:16 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> Hey Devrim, any chance you have published your rpm spec files you used
> on the earlier 8.3 -id builds? I looked around and couldn't find one.

They were in the previous repo -- anyway, I just update the spec file to
8.3.16:

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/postgresql-intdatetime

It also includes the patches.

Anyway, here are the 8.3.16-id packages. I had some free cycles this
morning, so I built them:

http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64-id/repoview/
http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-i386-id/repoview/

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Date:
2011/11/3 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 13:16 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
>> >

>> Hey Devrim, any chance you have published your rpm spec files you used
>> on the earlier 8.3 -id builds? I looked around and couldn't find one.
>
> They were in the previous repo -- anyway, I just update the spec file to
> 8.3.16:
>
> http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/postgresql-intdatetime
>
> It also includes the patches.
>
> Anyway, here are the 8.3.16-id packages. I had some free cycles this
> morning, so I built them:
>
> http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64-id/repoview/
> http://yum.postgresql.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-i386-id/repoview/

Oh, nice. Thanks Devrim!