Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
galy lee
Date:
Hi All

We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.

There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.

Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page

Please have a look.

Regards
Galy Lee

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>
> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>
> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page
>      https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013

That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.

Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Date:
2013/11/13 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>>
>> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
>> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>>
>> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page
>>      https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013
>
> That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.
>
> Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
> have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?

I was at the Japan PostgreSQL conference in Tokyo last week [*] (note to self:
must get my presentation slides online) and there was talk of organising
something along those lines next year as it's JPUG's 15th anniversary.

[*] http://www.postgresql.jp/events/jpug-pgcon2013

Regards

Ian Barwick

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
Satoshi Nagayasu
Date:
(2013/11/13 14:18), Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2013/11/13 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>>>
>>> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
>>> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>>>
>>> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page
>>>       https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013
>>
>> That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.
>>
>> Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
>> have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?
>
> I was at the Japan PostgreSQL conference in Tokyo last week [*] (note to self:
> must get my presentation slides online) and there was talk of organising
> something along those lines next year as it's JPUG's 15th anniversary.
>
> [*] http://www.postgresql.jp/events/jpug-pgcon2013

Galy (from China), Nikhil (from India) and I (from Japan) had a chat
about pgDay Asia after the last pgcon.

Also some Japanese community members are interested in having
some Asian conference in the near future.

And, yeah, the next year is the anniversary year for JPUG. :)

NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
"Gilberto Castillo"

> On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>>
>> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
>> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>>
>> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki
>> page
>>      https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013
>
> That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.
>
> Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
> have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?

Good idea, too can doing a pan-America. For the entire continent.

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
Sameer Kumar

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>
> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>
> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page
>      https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013

That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.

Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?

+1
Count me in!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On Nov 13, 2013, at 11:08 AM, Gilberto Castillo wrote:

>> On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>>>
>>> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
>>> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>>>
>>> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki
>>> page
>>>     https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013
>>
>> That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.
>>
>> Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
>> have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?
>

> Good idea, too can doing a pan-America. For the entire continent.

Part of the reason why a pan-European conference was created was to help jump-start a lot of the regional communities
andtheir local conferences in addition to providing a forum to bring together a lot of different Postgres users across
Europe/ the world.

I think the issue with a pan-America conference is that there are already a lot of established large, regional
conferencesoccurring at all times of the year, in addition to PGCon occurring once a year in Canada.  While I love both
organizingand attending PostgreSQL conferences, I think in the Americas there is the challenge of finding time that
doesnot conflict with one of the many big conferences we have + finding time amongst the active organizers to put
togethersuch an event.

Jonathan

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
Josh Berkus

> Good idea, too can doing a pan-America. For the entire continent.

Pan-Latin-America might make some sense.  For English-speaking America,
we already have one ... it's called pgCon.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From
"Gilberto Castillo"

>> Good idea, too can doing a pan-America. For the entire continent.
>
> Pan-Latin-America might make some sense.  For English-speaking America,
> we already have one ... it's called pgCon.

OK, my idea is to unite everyone, regardless language ... as does Europe.
(English, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish .. etc)

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---

Date:
On 11/13/2013 11:28 AM, Gilberto Castillo wrote:

>>> Good idea, too can doing a pan-America. For the entire continent.
>>
>> Pan-Latin-America might make some sense.  For English-speaking America,
>> we already have one ... it's called pgCon.
>
> OK, my idea is to unite everyone, regardless language ... as does Europe.

> (English, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish .. etc)

Well, the Americas are really two continents.  It's further from Sao
Paolo to Seattle than it is from Seattle to Japan.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed

From

>>> Pan-Latin-America might make some sense.  For English-speaking America,
>>> we already have one ... it's called pgCon.
>>
>> OK, my idea is to unite everyone, regardless language ... as does
>> Europe.
>
>> (English, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish .. etc)
>
> Well, the Americas are really two continents.  It's further from Sao
> Paolo to Seattle than it is from Seattle to Japan.

Ahhh, ok, no is what we say in the Olympic rings, OK!!.

;-))))))

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba